Author Topic: Nothing in Life is Easy  (Read 12702 times)

Offline The Peepmaster

Re: Nothing in Life is Easy
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2008, 08:36:40 PM »
I've just deleted yet another TWO threads and new users. I have noticed that all these rogue threads are appearing in the same forum. I hope Mince or Roger manage to sort it out.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

peter

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2008, 10:11:35 PM »
We thought you'd be too busy setting your sun dial an hour backwards for the winter.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2008, 05:33:40 AM »
There are another 4 threads right now - it's like that game at the fair where you bang a gopher on the head but they keep popping up.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Vulture

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2008, 06:27:20 AM »
There are another 4 threads right now - it's like that game at the fair where you bang a gopher on the head but they keep popping up.

We were snook up upon while we were sleeping. Do they never sleep?

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2008, 08:25:55 AM »
It would seem not, Vult. I awoke to another dozen of these new 'memberships' this morning along with at least half a dozen new threads started by them, and spent my first coffee of the day clearing up their mess. Enough already!

I have reset the membership process so that new members have to apply to the Three Caballeros (Peepsie, Mince 'n' me) before being allowed to post any silliness on the boards. Hopefully this will deter them from even applying, but at least it should avoid their presence being felt on the boards. I have made this decision unilaterally 'cos two Caballeros are still in their pit, and if they over-rule me so be it.

I don't think it will deter any serious applicant from joining our happy band (I estimate we get one of those every couple of months perhaps), and for the time being, I think it's a reasonable measure to take, and can be reversed at any time.

I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2008, 09:18:24 AM »
Tarks, I really appreciate you and the other guys sorting this out. The whole business looks extremely annoying.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2008, 09:31:13 AM »
A very wise decision, Tarks. I'm quite taken aback.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2008, 09:45:11 AM »

Fyodor

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2008, 12:09:39 PM »
Good decision, Tarks. Let's see how it goes.

Calypso

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2008, 01:22:16 PM »
Last night I looked at this board but was not logged in. This morning  when I visited this site, I discovered that I was logged in without having done it myself. I logged out and now have logged back on to ask what has happened. Has your security been breeched?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 01:28:35 PM by Calypso »

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2008, 01:38:00 PM »
Last night I looked at this board but was not logged in. This morning  when I visited this site, I discovered that I was logged in without having done it myself. I logged out and now have logged back on to ask what has happened. Has your security been breeched?

Er....Mince?
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2008, 02:59:46 PM »
I have no idea.