Author Topic: Weird eBay Thing.  (Read 3689 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Weird eBay Thing.
« on: February 28, 2009, 08:52:25 PM »
For the first time in ages, I looked into eBay to see what was going on in the Beau Peep field. Someone is trying to sell a private letter I wrote---I don't know---20 or 25 years ago. This letter was obviously in response to something that I had received from a reader and, quite frankly, can be of absolutely no interest to anyone. They're looking for ten quid. My address and phone number at the time are clearly shown and, although I've moved house since then, I still find this a bit strange. I don't mean to sound "precious" about this---I ain't no celebrity and my contact details are available to all of you---but, like I said, I find this a bit strange.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 08:56:32 PM by Roger Kettle »

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: Weird eBay Thing.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 09:49:55 PM »
Ten quid? They must have thought you'd died.
I apologise, in advance.

Vulture

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 09:55:38 PM »
For the first time in ages, I looked into eBay to see what was going on in the Beau Peep field. Someone is trying to sell a private letter I wrote---I don't know---20 or 25 years ago. This letter was obviously in response to something that I had received from a reader and, quite frankly, can be of absolutely no interest to anyone. They're looking for ten quid. My address and phone number at the time are clearly shown and, although I've moved house since then, I still find this a bit strange. I don't mean to sound "precious" about this---I ain't no celebrity and my contact details are available to all of you---but, like I said, I find this a bit strange.

AND it'll cost 3 quid to post it to the buyer - I knew postage had gone up but...

peter

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 10:06:25 PM »
if he gets ?10 you could write a few more and flog them Roger.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 10:25:52 PM »
Peter, I've written to you! Split the profits?

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 11:33:07 PM »
I was surprised at how ordinary a life you lead Roger when I first met you online - I thought you would be opening hospitals and launching boats and more of those sorts of things. Your manager is not making the most of your star qualities.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 09:42:04 AM »

Your manager is not making the most of your star qualities.

I do have my own life to lead!
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Vulture

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 09:54:38 AM »

Your manager is not making the most of your star qualities.

I do have my own life to lead!

:D :D :D

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 06:15:47 AM »
I was surprised at how ordinary a life you lead Roger when I first met you online - I thought you would be opening hospitals and launching boats and more of those sorts of things. Your manager is not making the most of your star qualities.

Diane, that isn't the real Roger Kettle. He hires a group of genius comedians to collectively pose as him on this site. The "Roger" on this board is a made up persona, painstakingly scripted twenty-four hours a day to appear as a total and utter buffoon. I mean, come on, you don't honestly think anyone can be truly that stupid!

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 09:22:25 AM »
Thank you, darling.

Vulture

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 02:58:54 PM »