Author Topic: Favourite Movies  (Read 14486 times)

Malc

Re: Favourite Movies
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2007, 10:19:05 PM »
To answer one of Diane's points, the last movie where I developed a crush on a lead character was Walkabout with Jennie Agutter. In fact it should have been called Lust In The Dust. That lust became a raging inferno when she appeared naked again in Equus.

Because of those two films, along with her girl-next-door looks and her heavenly legs, Miss Agutter has become the quintessential sex goddess of men of my generation.

Anyone who says different either never saw those movies or is gay as a tree full of parrots.

I subsequently went through my Older Woman phase with Lee Remick, then a more normal attraction to Julie Peasgood, a couple of mild dalliances with girls like gymnast Suzanne Dando, then more or less forgot about other women until Ashley Judd.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2007, 10:28:08 PM »
Don't talk to me about 'Walkabout' - I had enough problems with the stirrings generated by Ms Agutter in The Railway Children!

Thankfully I  just reread your post before asking what a "normal attraction" to Julie Goodyear was. Peasgood I wholly empathise with!

There's another list here....I'll come back to this one.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2007, 10:36:09 PM »
Aah, Jennie Agutter! I fell in love during Walkabout, pretended it was just a fling during Logan's Run and got insanely jealous during An American Werewolf In London.
I also loved Julie Peasgood.
Malc, we may have to fight.

Malc

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2007, 11:31:47 PM »
I'll warn you now Roger, I'm wiry.

I'm the coach of a soccer team and one of the mothers looks like Julie Peasgood. She can't understand why I'm always in a good mood for her and virtually no-one else and why her kid never gets substituted.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2007, 01:03:02 AM »
I used to severely fancy the girl in Poldark.

The actress was Angharad Rees, (I just checked on Google). Apparently she's now a jewellery designer with a website at www.angharadarees.com
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 01:13:13 AM by The Peepmaster »
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2007, 02:08:14 AM »
Jane Seymour

and

Anouska Hempel

« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 11:46:10 AM by The Peepmaster »
I apologise, in advance.

Malc

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2007, 03:43:45 AM »
Never saw the appeal of Jane Seymour, not at all, but that name does come up frequently in these discussions.
I can certainly appreciate that she's a looker, but no buttons are pushed as far as I'm concerned.

How about you ladies? Which males on TV or cinema ring your chimes?

Elizabeth

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2007, 06:41:00 AM »
Well the first one to ring my chimes (at a very early age, I might say) was Stewart Grainger in King Solomon's Mines. Later, there was Paul Newman of course, in anything, and much later there was Clint Eastwood in The Bridges of Madison County. Oh, and some more whose names I've forgotten...

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2007, 10:02:36 AM »
Never saw the appeal of Jane Seymour, not at all, but that name does come up frequently in these discussions.
I can certainly appreciate that she's a looker, but no buttons are pushed as far as I'm concerned.

Actually, I agree with you, Malc, and I only really put her up there because she's the one actress my own good woman is most often compared to (though she can't see it herself). But strangely enough, looking at the two pictures above, her resemblance to the young Anouska Hempel is actually far greater, even down to exactly the same hairstyle.  :) :) :)
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2007, 11:31:03 AM »
The pictures haven't come through for me, Tarky---which is a great pity because I was also a huge fan of Anouska. (I'm noticing a pattern of sad perversion here.) I remember her in some awful series where she was a crime-solving Tarot-reader or some such.

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2007, 11:34:41 AM »
I apologise, in advance.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2007, 11:47:51 AM »
I went to modify it, and without actually altering anything, (other than copying the links and checking them in a new browser window), have got the pictures to show correctly. How bizarre is that!
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2007, 12:14:29 PM »
Nope---still nothing and when I tried the link, it told me I wasn't authorised. I'm getting the same wee red cross on another site where a cartoon has been posted. Any thoughts?

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2007, 12:29:06 PM »
Did you buy the laptop at a car boot sale from a geezer with a sheepskin jacket?

Alternatively, it may be your security settings preventing you from accessing nice pictures of gorgeous women, but it will need a more knowledgeable geek than I to guide you through that one. Is Peepsie around?
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2007, 12:43:36 PM »
Tarquin

You visited the site at http://cosmos1999.iquebec.com/ and its main page sets a cookie on your machine that allows you to view the photos. You are now directing posters directly to the photo, bypassing the main page. Try going through the link above and click through to the picture.