Author Topic: Favourite Movies  (Read 14487 times)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Re: Favourite Movies
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2007, 12:46:46 PM »
The same applies to the photos you posted above: only those with the cookie from the main page can view them.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2007, 04:53:23 PM »
You didn't get the little lady to bake your cookies long enough Tarks old boy. It's a common problem I'm afraid.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2007, 04:59:28 PM »
I still don't get it - I posted the complete URL to a page on a website, something I've done many times before with no apparent problem. Now suddenly everyone needs biscuits to use the links. Just when I thought I was beginning to get to grips with this World Wide Net thing too.

So, has everyone who wants to managed to cop an eyeful of Anouska yet?
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2007, 06:00:29 PM »
Most web pages merely serve the JPEG to the browser, but others are programmed to check for cookies or to check that the photo is being viewed on the host website. It's about bandwidth theft. Basically you've been caught with your hands in the cookie jar.

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2007, 06:10:14 PM »
Hmmmm...well I didn't actually have to visit the host site directly, since I found the image via Google and took the URL from it via a right click and Properties, so if I didn't have to use the 'front door', I'm still slightly at a loss why everyone else has to. And if I did summat wrong, I apologise profusely, and plead temporary insanity, brought on by a gorgeous babe.
I apologise, in advance.

Diamond Lil

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2007, 07:32:10 PM »
Well lads, I hate to be the one to tell you but I'm getting both pictures without URLs etc etc and all I can say is that I'm relieved my little brother can't see the one of la Hempel because that would put paid to any rational thought for several days. Now on to greater things...Richard Chamberlain (was in his fan club), John Kerr in South Pacific (dreamt of being France Nuyen for years after), Troy Donohue, Ty Hardin in Bronco...off for a cooling shower, methinks  ::)

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2007, 07:40:30 PM »
Reading the recent comments two things come to mind.

(1)   Springtime must have visited the UK.
(2)   Most of my cyber buddies are like really, really, really OLD.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Colin

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2007, 08:49:47 PM »
I still don't get it - I posted the complete URL to a page on a website, something I've done many times before with no apparent problem. Now suddenly everyone needs biscuits to use the links. Just when I thought I was beginning to get to grips with this World Wide Net thing too.

So, has everyone who wants to managed to cop an eyeful of Anouska yet?

Yep  ;D

Malc

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2007, 10:26:43 PM »
Lil, weren't all those actors, er...gay? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2007, 05:52:08 AM »
I watched City Hall on Saturday night - that Al Pachino can sure give a good speech. "THis city was a palace!" I love the lemon pudding scene in that movie and may put the movie in one of the categories - perhaps morality tale, perhaps political thriller, perhaps cooking show.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Elizabeth

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2007, 06:58:10 AM »
Lil - Troy Donahue was one of the ones I couldn't remember! I convinced myself that one of my first boyfriends looked like him. (He didn't...)

Diamond Lil

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2007, 07:49:18 AM »
Malc, being gay didn't enter my thoughts for many years after those crushes...I'm known in the family circle for thinking that the Village People were just a bunch of fun guys dressing up to perform a really catchy song  :-\

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2007, 08:33:09 AM »
...I'm known in the family circle for thinking that the Village People were just a bunch of fun guys dressing up to perform a really catchy song  :-\

And Neil Diamond?...
I apologise, in advance.

Diamond Lil

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2007, 06:54:32 PM »
don't let those hairstyles fool you

Malc

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2007, 09:00:41 PM »
I must admit, I didn't get the Village Peoples costumes. I don't think many of their fans did, to be honest.
In their own way they were the precursors of the Spice Girls, i.e. set up the action figures first, find the songs later.