Author Topic: It's Official....  (Read 8097 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
It's Official....
« on: March 25, 2007, 09:15:15 PM »
....at 11.37 a.m. today, the only meerkat on the planet not to have appeared on television was finally caught on camera. 414,728 wildlife documentary-makers are now on their way home.

Colin

Re: It's Official....
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 08:45:47 PM »
what are we gonna watch now  :'(

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 08:54:55 AM »
Doctor Who is on this coming weekend. I'm sure there'll be a rampaging mutated meerkat in one of the episodes.

Online Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 09:32:14 AM »
Doctor Who is on this coming weekend. I'm sure there'll be a rampaging mutated meerkat in one of the episodes.

You mean you don't know what's inside the Daleks?
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 09:53:36 AM »
" . . . in their natural habitat, daleks tend simply to exterminate everything in sight . . ."

There is a dalek episode in this new series called "Daleks in Manhatten". I just thought I would tell everyone that. (Yes, I'm a Doctor Who fan and proud of it. In fact, over the next thirteen weeks, it's going to be the new football on this board. :) )

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 02:25:36 PM »
For those of you who don?t know this about me, I grew up in Wales, I was born in England (Wallasey) and raised in a little town near Mold called Buckley. I call it a little town because I used to think it was ? but compared to my current life it is a metropolis.

Anyway I was very scared of Darleks when I was a child ? they put me off Hoovering for years.  :o
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 02:45:00 PM »
Have you watched any of the new series?

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 03:05:41 PM »
I must say that I haven't. I do now have BBC Canada but I don't think I would have the patience to sit through a bunch of posing and poor quality FX these days.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Online Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 07:09:32 PM »
Diane, I live about 20 miles away from Mold/Buckley, don't watch Dr Who, and hate Hoovering.

Small world, ain't it?!!
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Max

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 08:03:25 PM »
Oh my!  This is getting scary. I spent a lot of time in Mold, stayed in the Plas Hafod hotel usually.

Malc

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 08:55:48 PM »
I think Cybermen were pretty cool, but Daleks? Oversized pepperpots on wheels who couldn't climb stairs?
Their entire armaments were an egg whisk and a sink plunger.
You could beat the daleks by simply hanging your hat on their protruding viewfinder and standing on their rear skirt. They'd be forever turning around shouting "who is it? who IS it? Get OFF!"

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 06:53:13 AM »
Diane, I live about 20 miles away from Mold/Buckley, don't watch Dr Who, and hate Hoovering.

Small world, ain't it?!!

We could be twins! How many toes do you have?

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2007, 06:55:51 AM »
Oh my!  This is getting scary. I spent a lot of time in Mold, stayed in the Plas Hafod hotel usually.

I used to like going to the market in Mold - I think it was on Saturdays - it must have been or I would have been in school. 

From my bedroom window I could see Mole Famu - we used to go there quite a bit and climb to the top. That was a magical place.

Malc

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2007, 12:17:11 PM »
Look, I can't be left out of this.
When I lived in Manchester I bought my second-hand BMW in Mold.

I wonder if EVERYone has a Mold connection?

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2007, 12:29:02 PM »
I have a friend who went to boarding school near Mold. Every other Saturday she was allowed to get the bus into Mold and spend her shilling pocket money.