Author Topic: My speech  (Read 8541 times)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Re: My speech
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 02:48:33 PM »
Get them drunk with the wine, and then sell the crackers at $10 each.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 03:09:56 PM »
That is a better idea than your first Mince - now you're thinkin'!

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Diamond Lil

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2007, 07:02:45 PM »
Back to my movie quote quiz...I did say "answers on a postcard", bro, but you win anyway...the first prize of a hard boiled egg is on its way

Malc

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2007, 08:42:20 PM »
You know what's good for raising money? Raffles.
Yes, employ a gentleman jewel thief to rob the audience's homes whilst they are at your meeting.

Also, a batchelor auction. A lot of the people in your target demographic are elderly women, perhaps widowed. They have a hard time cleaning the gutters and doing the garden at home.
Auction off a young man to be a slave for the day. A fifty year old will do. Get him stripped to the waist and baby oiled-up, fireman calendar style, perhaps holding pruning shears in a suggestive pose, put him on stage and watch the old biddy bids fly.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2007, 06:44:23 AM »
You know what's good for raising money? Raffles.
Yes, employ a gentleman jewel thief to rob the audience's homes whilst they are at your meeting.

Also, a batchelor auction. A lot of the people in your target demographic are elderly women, perhaps widowed. They have a hard time cleaning the gutters and doing the garden at home.
Auction off a young man to be a slave for the day. A fifty year old will do. Get him stripped to the waist and baby oiled-up, fireman calendar style, perhaps holding pruning shears in a suggestive pose, put him on stage and watch the old biddy bids fly.

Thanks for the offer Malc - I will keep you in mind for the future.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2007, 06:47:03 AM »
I am just about to go to bed ? but didn?t want you all to worry all day about how I did tonight at my speech.

There were a few hiccups. First off I pulled out a draft rather than the polished up speech and didn?t realize until I was about half way in. Then I could feel my face getting hot and red, and my hair go limp. Then I thought I would not have enough breath to both continue reading and live ? but still I carried on reading ? I?m a trooper like that. When I was finished the people clapped. That took me by surprise and I stood there shocked and looked at them like a deer in caught in headlights 'till I came to my senses.

I am available for corporate pep talks and  barmitsfers at a very reasonable rate.

Malc

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2007, 06:53:13 AM »
Barmitsfers?

Just to avoid the attentions of Mossad in future, it's Bar Mitzvah.

Don't say I never tell yer nuthin'.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2007, 07:00:01 AM »
I thought it was two words but couldn't spell it to look it up. It was a catch 22.

Colin

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2007, 05:32:24 PM »
That took me by surprise and I stood there shocked and looked at them like a deer in caught in headlights 'till I came to my senses.

Now you know how that poor moose felt when you were pelting it with snowballs  ;D

Fyodor

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2007, 06:59:12 PM »
No need for a Bikini atoll, Diane.