Author Topic: Woo Hoo!  (Read 5644 times)

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: Woo Hoo!
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 02:58:04 PM »
what peter said

My own club, St Johnstone FC, have obviously decided it is too early yet to abandon the excitement of the race for the Scottish Premier League, and are therefore allowing their comfortable lead to dwindle in the few remaining games, giving Partick Thistle false hope that they can still catch the would-be First Division champions right at the death, denying them their rightful place in the Scottish soccer elite. Saints will in all likelihood maintain this level of excitement right up until the last remaining game, and quite possibly until the last remaining minutes of that game, just as they did a couple of seasons ago in the epic 'last-kick-of-the-season' battle with Gretna. Value for money - that's what my team are all about.

Please, God - let us win it this time.  :(
I apologise, in advance.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 05:33:58 PM »

Value for money - that's what my team are all about.

that's what my team is all about.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2009, 05:34:46 PM »
I would like to thank the thousands of well wishes that came on the board to wish the lads at Leicester City for championship promotion.

Mince! Help me with this one...

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2009, 06:24:52 PM »

Value for money - that's what my team are all about.

that's what my team is all about.

pis of
I apologise, in advance.

Vulture

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2009, 07:48:46 PM »
I would like to thank the thousands of well wishes that came on the board to wish the lads at Leicester City for championship promotion.

Honestly, Peeps. You slag Mince off left, right and centre then go crying to him for help because your English grammar is crap.......! You KNOW he won't help you with anything to do with football!

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2009, 08:28:34 PM »

Honestly, Peeps. You slag Mince off left, right and centre then go crying to him for help because your English grammar is crap.......! You KNOW he won't help you with anything to do with football!

Mince has been keeping a low profile again. Maybe he's got a bird again...

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2009, 09:18:04 PM »
Maybe he's got a bird again...

That's stretching credulity a little too far. Especially the "again" bit.
I apologise, in advance.

Malc

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2009, 10:19:41 PM »
I think Gretna getting into the SPL was the reason the Old Firm started banging on the door of the Barclays Premier League even harder shouting "will ye let us IN, for god's sake!! How many times do we have to win this damn league!! *sob* *sob* We'll do ANYTHING, we'll play in League 2 to start with, ANYthing...."

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2009, 06:04:58 PM »
Okay - it's my turn now...with a whole week still to go....

I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2009, 06:14:17 PM »
Congratulations, Tarks!! Fancy meeting up next season for a Saints/Arabs game?

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2009, 06:17:15 PM »
Brilliant news, Tarks. Put me down for that game too. Are they still playing at that place by Tescos?

Malc

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2009, 11:41:24 PM »
The car park?

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2009, 12:18:23 AM »
Sounds like a plan, Roger! Unfortunately, I don't get complimentary corporate hospitality season tickets any more, since I stopped drawing for their matchday programme, but if you and Peepsie don't mind slumming it with the plebs (Saints end, I take it?) then I'm sure we can sort something out. Probably rope in our mutual ex-Dandy Editor chum, and my eldest daughter also...that should just about double the expected crowd for the day. Anyone else up for the trip, just say, and we can hire a minibus.

Yes, the Saints still play at McDiarmid Park, near Tesco, Peepsie (it's got it's own rather large car park, thanks, Malc). The stadium was only built 20 years ago, though it barely seems like yesterday to me. The old Muirton Park ground I frequented as a lad was bought and demolished by Asda to make way for their new store. For a couple of years, it was the only Asda to sport a blue livery instead of the usual green, in 'honour' of the hallowed turf it replaced.

It'll be tough staying up in the Premier League of course, but anyone who thinks Saints will be automatic relegation fodder next season should have a little delve into the stats books. Last time Saints got promoted, they finished fourth in the Premier the following season, and nabbed a place in Europe.

Anyone still awake?

I apologise, in advance.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2009, 01:15:29 AM »
This will be music to the ears of Mince, I'm sure. Grown men talking proper footie!

Vulture

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2009, 07:40:00 AM »
This will be music to the ears of Mince, I'm sure. Grown men talking proper footie!

Aren't these oxymorons?