Author Topic: Blow Peep (!)  (Read 2862 times)

Rob Baker

Blow Peep (!)
« on: July 24, 2009, 06:43:52 PM »
Well, Beau got a mention in the Star today for the first time in ages..

I don't remember, though, what scene in Beau Peep this "hilarious incident" (which left 120 pensioners homeless, and 5 firefighters injured) echoed...

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: Blow Peep (!)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 07:36:51 PM »
I don't remember, though, what scene in Beau Peep this "hilarious incident" (which left 120 pensioners homeless, and 5 firefighters injured) echoed...

Can't help, Rob, but I think that my Beau Peep book (14?) features an arsehole reporter at some point, which has some relevance.
I apologise, in advance.

Tom

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 07:37:32 PM »
I quickly caught a glimpse of a news headline today of wildfires in southern Europe, but didn't read any further. I didn't think that they referred to France ...or were started by the Foreign Legion.

I don't know whether to laugh or not.
 ;D :o :-[

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 07:40:40 PM »
I don't know whether to laugh or not.

Here's a clue, Tom......not.
I apologise, in advance.

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 07:47:55 PM »
Perhaps I'm being a little po-faced about this, but I can't help wondering if this is symptomatic of a generation of computer-game-playing kids now occupying professional seats, where a serious incident resulting in major destruction and injury can be subsequently described, in a national newspaper seeking to comment to the nation, as "hilarious".

Angry of Oswestry
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 08:00:45 PM »
This story didn't appear in the Scottish edition of The Star---maybe it was a late one that didn't make the early editions. Thanks for bringing my attention to it, Rob. I think.
What I DID enjoy was their report about their owner/chairman being in a High Court libel case. The headline was "I HAD TO PUT THE RECORD STRAIGHT" and went on to say how Richard Desmond was so proud to have "set the record straight" in a battle over claims he abused his position. After two columns describing this noble struggle, the last sentence finally mentions that the jury had found against him.

Tom

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 08:18:39 PM »
Talking of putting the record straight, I would just like to point out that it was the title of this thread, and the "(!)", that I was referring to in the final part of my last post, and not the article itself. Thank you for making me re-read it, Tarks.