Author Topic: Unfair!  (Read 2039 times)

Vulture

Unfair!
« on: September 18, 2009, 04:06:54 AM »
How come, when one is suffering from insomnia, there's NO ONE awake that you can chat to? Facebook is completely dead and I'm BORED!!!!
Bugger! It's too early to hoover, I suppose I'd better wash the dishes (quietly...).

Vulture

Re: Unfair!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 04:39:44 AM »
That's better! I take it all back; there was someone awake in Toronto and we've had a nice chat. I'm off to make some bread and do the dishes.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 06:32:46 AM »
I'm up! ...but you de-friended me.  :(
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Vulture

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 09:04:39 AM »

Diane. I live a very quiet life (mainly 'coz it takes place in the wee small hours of the the morning....) and I had to fight through all your friends comments to find the little posts that the grandchildren had written!! I've been a member of facebook for a couple of years and still only have 12 11 contacts. I keep waiting for them to ban me for being too boring!!

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 09:25:22 AM »

Diane. I live a very quiet life (mainly 'coz it takes place in the wee small hours of the the morning....) and I had to fight through all your friends comments to find the little posts that the grandchildren had written!! I've been a member of facebook for a couple of years and still only have 12 11 contacts. I keep waiting for them to ban me for being too boring!!

Anyone who chucks an extra "the" into a post, can't be deemed boring.

I can do a sentence with five "and"s in a row.

A signwriter was painting Fish And Chips above a shop. (A Fish & Chip shop, Mince.)

On completion, the owner studied the result, but was unhappy with the spacing between the words.

He said, "You've left too much space between fish and and and and and chips."

Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Tom

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 08:06:07 PM »
Vulch, I was awake from 2.34 this morning.

I didn't get up to the computer because I thought I should have been sleeping. The last time I looked at the clock, before being woke up by my alarm at 6:00, was 4:05.

Tom

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 02:58:48 AM »
Had a bit of a lie in this morning... just shoving the washing in.

It's a good job I'm not up early later...

Vulture

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 04:59:55 AM »
I went to bed at 12.30 in the vain hope of sleeping later but still awoke at 4 - bugger. I would have though the dark mornings would have kept us asleep longer.

I wish I could shove the washing in AND be able to type at the same time......  :-*

(I set the timer on my washing machine so that it goes off during the 'cheap' time in the middle of the night [no, that's not what wakes me up!].)

Tom

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 08:21:38 AM »
There's a cheap time for washing?

Anyway, I love the very early hours. The silence... the stillness... and the knowledge that there's still hours left to sleep if I dropped back off.

robbie62

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 05:03:03 PM »
hey why don't you all get night jobs ? if you all gonna be awake you might as well profit from it

Vulture

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 05:39:12 PM »
There's a cheap time for washing?

My electricity metre has a time when the electricity is about half that of the daytime rate:  usually somewhere between 1am - 5am.

Vulture

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 05:39:55 PM »
hey why don't you all get night jobs ? if you all gonna be awake you might as well profit from it

Doing what?

Tom

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2009, 07:17:25 PM »
We could all be mystery shoppers at the nearest 24 hour supermarket...