Author Topic: Christmas competition---Canada style?  (Read 4964 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Christmas competition---Canada style?
« on: November 02, 2009, 08:50:54 PM »
Diane, as President of the Canadian Beau Peep Fan Club---and the first member to join this site---I think it's time for you to do some offical duties. How about setting this year's Chistmas competition? I also want you to be the judge so choose well! Obviously, it has to be Beau Peep related but the format is entirely up to you. You can post the details in a couple of weeks, with the closing date around the beginning of December---this allows for me to send the prize out by Christmas.(The prize will be the usual original artwork of Beau and/or Horace plus a Scottish tenner). Diane, if you feel you don't have time for this then, no problem, but I really hope you can come up with something. What d'you think?

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: Christmas competition---Canada style?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 10:11:55 PM »
Diane reporting in from the C.B.P.F.C.

Will do sir!
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 10:38:44 PM »
Diane, as President of the Canadian Beau Peep Fan Club---and the first member to join this site---I think it's time for you to do some offical duties. How about setting this year's Chistmas competition? I also want you to be the judge so choose well! Obviously, it has to be Beau Peep related but the format is entirely up to you. You can post the details in a couple of weeks, with the closing date around the beginning of December---this allows for me to send the prize out by Christmas.(The prize will be the usual original artwork of Beau and/or Horace plus a Scottish tenner). Diane, if you feel you don't have time for this then, no problem, but I really hope you can come up with something. What d'you think?

That's an impressively long way of saying you can't be arsed, Roger. Well done!
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 10:53:18 PM »
Thank you.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 11:07:16 PM »
I’ve just run the idea by Roger; you guys are in for a real treat this year!

I will put up the challenge on the forum on November 12th
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Colin

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 11:10:10 PM »
Oohh, a competition.  ;D

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 12:19:46 AM »
I'll do my best to ensure that no-one hears about the forum so there's more chance of the half-dozen or so of us winning. I had two people show an interest since my well-intentioned, but misguided tweets of last week, but I semi-ignored them, so I think they've gone away.

Roll on the competition. I have a feeling the prize will be a give-away madala featuring a prominent South African politician. A Free Nelson Mandala, so to speak.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Rob Baker

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 02:02:26 AM »
Diane, lovely Diane, now you're in charge, am I allowed to enter this year?   :-* ..0 

Peepsy, don't take it to heart. I don't profess to understand this twitter/myspace/mobile telephone lark but I'm all for for more people coming in from around the world to discover the joy of Beau Peep. As I said before, when I win the lottery, and, with Roger and Andrew's blessing, I'm going to publish a leather (or camel skin, at least) bound anthology of all the strips. And the more potential customers , the better . ;)

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 09:26:50 AM »
Diane, lovely Diane, now you're in charge, am I allowed to enter this year?   :-* ..0 

Peepsy, don't take it to heart. I don't profess to understand this twitter/myspace/mobile telephone lark but I'm all for for more people coming in from around the world to discover the joy of Beau Peep. As I said before, when I win the lottery, and, with Roger and Andrew's blessing, I'm going to publish a leather (or camel skin, at least) bound anthology of all the strips. And the more potential customers , the better . ;)

I was only pulling plonkers, Rob. Don't take me too seriously.  8)

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 01:47:05 PM »

I think I may have found a winner already!

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 02:29:50 PM »

I think I may have found a winner already!

Ahhh - so it's a flattery contest? That should get Mince back.  ..0
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2009, 03:34:54 PM »
Well, it's hardly flattery is it, dear Rob is just being honest.

Colin

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2009, 04:43:55 AM »
Diane, I've never really noticed before but what a lovely avatar you have.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2009, 05:27:58 AM »
Diane's my best friend on facebook. I think it's because I'm constantly admiring her big round mandalas.