Author Topic: Wish me luck ...  (Read 38000 times)

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: Wish me luck ...
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 10:11:09 AM »
Em... Joan... that Roy Orbison thing... sorry!

Be well!

Tarqs
X
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009, 05:09:36 PM »
Joan, I'm sorry to hear about this. I hope everything goes very well.

Joan

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2009, 08:27:24 PM »
It all went well so far - the lump's out and he took two lymph nodes which were clear of cancer cells when tested here, but we have to wait for the pathology results to be sure.  So that's the best news we could have hoped for.  Because he only took two nodes, I get to go home this morning.  Then we have to wait till it heals enough to start treatment.  Radiotherapy definitely, possibly chemo (the surgeon says they're using it more even if the cancer hasn't spread) and drugs afterwards.

I'm a bit groggy this morning, as you can imagine, just wanted to let you all know that the news is good so far.  Will post again when I'm feeling a bit more "with it".

Thanks again for all your good wishes and support.  Haven't given Roy a second thought, Tarqus.

Take care, everybody,
Joan

Tom

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2009, 08:33:50 PM »
Good news so far then, Joan!  :)

Colin

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2009, 09:15:05 PM »
Thinking of you Joan.
Get well soon.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2009, 09:35:48 PM »
That's great news, Joan. A HUGE positive step. Although I'm not actually sure what "rooting" is, I'm rooting for you!

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2009, 11:34:52 PM »
About that tenner, Joan...?
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Joan

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2009, 12:23:15 AM »
That's great news, Joan. A HUGE positive step. Although I'm not actually sure what "rooting" is, I'm rooting for you!

Just watch how you phrase that when talking to an Australian, Roger! LOL  I appreciate the sentiment though - I'll take all the rooting for me I can get, just don't feel much like the Australian version at the moment.  ;)

Peeps, just keep asking - maybe you're bringing me luck, as well as making me laugh.

As good as we can hope for at this stage, Tom - now come the two weeks of waiting.

Thanks, Colin.  :)

Other half has just come back from shopping - I was meant to have gone for a nap - think I'd better.  Will read everything else later. 

Jack

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2009, 04:20:00 AM »
Glad to hear things are going well thus far. Get well soon!

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2009, 02:55:37 AM »
Ditto to what Jack said  ;D
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Elizabeth

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2009, 12:56:45 PM »
Hi Joan - I haven't been on this board for ages, but look in now and again. Sorry to hear of your troubles, but as everyone has said already, the signs are good. I have several friends who have had breast cancer, and all have made excellent recoveries. Take care, and DO let people wait upon you hand & foot for as long as you can get away with it.  Big hugs xx

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2009, 05:34:47 PM »
Big hugs xx

Not TOO big - she's tender!  ..0

Joan

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2009, 11:34:25 AM »
Thanks, Elizabeth.  :) Hug as big as you like, just not too hard on the right side!  I must say, it's getting a bit hard to sit back and do very little now that I'm feeling a lot fitter - who would have thought it?  Still getting lots done for me though - it's very enjoyable.  ;)  I am very positive now, too.  I realise that I'm very lucky to have caught it so early.   

I've had a couple of outings today - the first was to my gynae, a lovely man, (won't go into all the details, don't worry chaps) he just wants to get a couple of things tidied up before I start the treatment and the second to my surgeon for a quick check up - I was a bit worried about the wound, but he says it's fine.  Pathology results weren't in yet - too soon unfortunately.  Felt a lot better after seeing him as well.  Then had a visit from a friend who brought yummy cakes from the patisserie, and we chatted for a couple of hours in the late afternoon sunshine, so all in all, had a good day.

I'm also overwhelmed by the response to my news - the outpouring of caring and love from family and friends, including you, has just been wonderful.  I know it shouldn't be unexpected, but I never realised just how much it means to the person receiving it.  It makes such a difference.  I feel really blessed.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2009, 12:54:37 PM »
You're one of our mates, Joan!  ;)

Thanks for the tweets too. (That'll go over the heads of the luddites.)

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2009, 02:39:54 PM »
Wossa luddite?

Glad to hear things are going well, Joan, and that there's cake.
I apologise, in advance.