Author Topic: Women Newsreaders  (Read 1465 times)

Offline The Peepmaster

Women Newsreaders
« on: November 21, 2009, 10:17:28 PM »
I have a great deal of respect for women reading the news, and admire the way they act with dignity and generally conduct themselves. I have to say though that I don't fancy the bird who read the 10.o'clock news on BBC1 tonight.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Joan

Re: Women Newsreaders
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 10:25:25 PM »
Don't you have a Christmas pudding to stir, Peeps?

Joan

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 10:28:08 PM »

Malc

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 12:58:14 AM »
That was very enjoyable, even though I wasn't really familiar with who the newsreaders were.
Fancied one of the brunettes though.

It put me in mind of that classic Angela Rippon sketch on Morecambe and Wise where she (an ex dancer) revealed that newsreaders DO have legs.

Vulture

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 05:52:34 AM »
Don't you have a Christmas pudding to stir, Peeps?

Nice one, Joan!  ..0 ..0 ..0 :P

Joan

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 08:13:00 AM »
That was very enjoyable, even though I wasn't really familiar with who the newsreaders were.
Fancied one of the brunettes though.

It put me in mind of that classic Angela Rippon sketch on Morecambe and Wise where she (an ex dancer) revealed that newsreaders DO have legs.

Here she is - the legs are towards the end more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocIxBUoqrpM

Bill Turnbull (BBC Breakfast) was our flatmate in Edinburgh one summer way back when and he went out with a good friend of mine for a while - I'd departed for pastures new by then.  He's in the video somewhere when the guys come on.  I follow him and Susannah Reid on Twitter - she posted the link to the video.  I really just wanted to see how Bill went - couldn't see much, think they hid the guys behind the girls - probably wise.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 08:15:08 AM by Joan »

robbie62

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 12:02:20 PM »
as dancers they make good newsreaders