Author Topic: Best Wishes for the New Year!  (Read 2468 times)

Vulture

Best Wishes for the New Year!
« on: December 31, 2009, 08:04:02 PM »
I'm off to bed soon. I cannot wait for this crap year to end - I hope 2010 with be a lot better than 2009!

Happy NewYear, everyone!

Tom

Re: Best Wishes for the New Year!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 08:13:21 PM »
Yes, HAPPY NEW YEAR from me too!  ;D

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 09:11:04 PM »
My year was more ho-hum than crap although it does have its crappy elements.

I wish you all a Happy New Year!

As most of you will be entering into it 7 hours earlier than me - please post if it looks like it is going to be fantabydozy - as even nice surprises are hard to take at my age.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Joan

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 10:33:07 PM »
Happy New Year, everyone!  ;D

We're 9 and a half hours into 2010 now.  It's a gray old day here - nice and cool.  I'm just glad 2009 is behind us.

Offline Max

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 12:16:21 AM »
Happy new year to all the peeps out there, here's hoping 2010 is better for all of you...... except for the bastard who scraped my bumper earlier this year. Yeah, I bet you think I'd forgotten din'cha?   ;D

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 01:59:11 AM »
Happy New Year, everyone. It's 1.45 a.m. as I write and I can't remember the last time I bothered to be up and about at this time. I usually head for bed as I don't really have any great feelings for this Hogmanay nonsense. Anyway, my wife and I went out with some friends, had a wonderful meal and saw in the new decade with a glass or two. I hope 2010 sees you all healthy and happy.

Tom

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 02:19:58 AM »
'Course it's gonna be fantabydozy, Diane...! Unless you don't want it to be...

All... it's a new year, it's a new life, it's a new way... Are you feelin' good? Course you are... stop being so over-dramatic and start enjoying things! You're only stopping yourself if you don't...!

Really though, happy new year.  :)

Diamond Lil

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 11:19:12 AM »
My Hogmanay evening was spent with the TV remote.....BBC1 Scotland - cringe, flick.  BBC2 - whaat?  STV - cringe, flick.  Channel 4 - Alan Carr -no,no,no.  Perhaps just as well I don't have SKY these days or my flicking finger would have been worn out. 

Have a good 2010 everyone

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 11:52:16 AM »
Hairy Nude Lady, everybody!
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 04:33:03 PM »
I would just like to say: Happy MMX

because it looks clever.  ;D
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 05:19:04 PM »
Perhaps just as well I don't have SKY these days or my flicking finger would have been worn out. 

As Roger will confirm, Lil, the word "FLICKING" was banned from kids' comics (the all-caps version at least, which applied to almost all comics) for fairly obvious reasons, although I had to learn the hard way  after hand-lettering about 20 FLICKs on a Billy Whizz page to emphasise his thumbing through the pages of a book at super speed (have you ever seen an editor turn purple?). However, it is entirely apt here.

I've yet to find anyone with anything really good to say about 2009, and I'm not really any different, other than a few small silver linings. I wish you all a far happier year ahead, and a decade full of as much joy as possible.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2010, 06:56:16 PM »
On the other hand, in Canada there was an official Provincial FLIC OFF campaign (shutting off lights when you leave the room) but the font they use made it look like it was saying something much different.  :o

Colin

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2010, 07:45:50 PM »
Happy New Year everyone.

Malc

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2010, 08:09:05 PM »
I'll bet no-one in comics was allowed to be called CLINT either... ..0

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2010, 09:18:00 PM »
Years ago I employed a couple of graphic artists in my small business. We did a lot of stuff for Local Authorities. We produced artwork for a newsletter for Hereford & Worcester, where I spotted only just in time that the letter "o" had been omitted from the first word of one guy's title - County Council Officer.

Proof reading is so important.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟