Author Topic: Bandits  (Read 5680 times)

Rob Baker

Bandits
« on: January 13, 2010, 08:59:02 PM »
It's great to see the return of the two Bandits in Horace this week - it must have been years since they last appeared. Incompetent, very, very funny - and just a little bit camp, I think.  Have a look at them on the Daily Mirror website if you don't buy the paper. Get them back more often please, Roger!

Tom

Re: Bandits
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 09:15:17 PM »
I agree, Rob!

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 09:43:02 AM »
I was asked to bring them back by the deputy cartoon editor at The Mirror, which I was happy to do. They will be appearing from time to time.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 02:06:04 PM »
I was asked to bring them back by the deputy cartoon editor at The Mirror, which I was happy to do. They will be appearing from time to time.

So they'll be like "Time Bandits"?
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Vulture

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 02:26:09 PM »
oooh! With Sean Connery??

Malc

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 03:45:50 PM »
Yesh.  ;)

Rob Baker

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 07:09:18 PM »
Good on him. Now he should do you a favour Roger and get Horace Book 3 published.

Malc

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 01:42:55 AM »
Hey, whatever happened to the myopic gunslinger character?

"The Cockeyed Cowboys Of Calico County". That's the film I saw Jack Elam in when he played the myopic gunslinger. It took some research, I can tell you.
In fact he was a bounty hunter, but same thing. Elam wore massive magnifying lens specs throughout, and he played a brilliant part in what has become (you won't be surprised to hear) a cult screwball comedy western. He's at the rear of this pic. I'd love to see this film again.

Malc

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 01:59:33 AM »
Oh, and the reason it was so hard to find was because the film was known by another name- 'A Bride For Charley". Charley was the role played by Dan Blocker in probably his only starring role after his stint as Hoss in Bonanza. He died shortly after.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 09:55:39 AM »
Jack Elam is one of those character actors who pops up in some great films and steals the show. A wonderful face.