Author Topic: Madness.  (Read 4217 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Madness.
« on: March 05, 2010, 08:21:58 PM »
Every couple of months, I do a series about The Nomad trying to write a best-selling book. I usually start by attempting to come up with a ludicrous title for this book and taking it from there. The trouble is that, by the time I've finished the scripts, the concept begins to appear quite viable. Anyway, watch out for my forthcoming Gothic thriller "Draculassie--Vampire Sheepdog".

Tom

Re: Madness.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 08:30:19 PM »
That's a coincidence. I was thinking about Dracula the other day, when spatula was mentioned in one of the other threads.  :)

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 08:39:41 PM »
Wasn't Spatula a Greek hero?
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 08:47:18 PM »
That's a coincidence. I was thinking about Dracula the other day, when spatula was mentioned in one of the other threads.  :)
Tom, when I worked for the children's comics in the 70s, I wrote a one-off strip called Count Spatula. The opening line was something like "In a dark, Trannsylvanian castle, Count Spatula stirred".
I was brill in those days.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 08:56:25 PM »
Tom, when I worked for the children's comics in the 70s, I wrote a one-off strip called Count Spatula. The opening line was something like "In a dark, Trannsylvanian castle, Count Spatula stirred".

Was he making porridge?
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Joan

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 09:28:53 PM »

;D  :D

You still are, R - at making me laugh, at least.   :)

Malc

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 04:01:47 AM »
There was a film out donkey's years ago called Zoltan, Hound Of Dracula. It featured a very weird looking Italian actor whose main claim to stardom (in Italy, at least) seemed to be he was...weird looking, as I don't think he spoke any lines throughout. He played the dog's handler, and he mainly stood in the background looking ominous.

Zoltan couldn't have been a sheepdog by day, of course, because he would simply have fizzled to a skellington. Imagine that on One Man And His Dog, a whistle, some bleats, a bark, the sound of frying, and sheep running loose all over the Cotswolds.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, 02:06:29 PM »
I tried to write a story about a Colander once - but it was full of holes.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Tom

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010, 07:54:33 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D