Author Topic: Achmed  (Read 11261 times)

Offline The Peepmaster

Re: Achmed
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 12:49:09 AM »
I just checked the stats today - India isn't 2nd at the moment - it's USA.

That's weird! Beau Peep doesn't even appear there. Do these stats give actual numbers, Peeps? I mean, could half a dozen be enough to register?

Every pointer is an individual contact.

The pointer on the Equator is probably one they can't pin-point to a specific area.

India is usually high up. I get emails now and again from enthusiasts.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Vulture

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 06:05:09 AM »
I may be over sensitive, but our stats show that the greatest number of visitors we get to this website, after the UK, are from the Indian sub-continent.

I'm also careful not to offend 2 contributors to this forum, namely my bird, Lucy, and an old dear from London, who are both Asian, albeit from S E Asia.

Ironically the latter is "Vulture"!

Peeps, have you stopped taking your medication? Lucy may be originally 'from S E Asia' but I was born in Liverpool and now live in Edgware! Apart from the odd trip to Canada and a holiday in Ibiza in '69, I've stuck fairly close to home.

Tom

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 07:03:51 AM »
I think this is one of those cross thread threads which could become confusing.

Maybe the person in the South Atlantic Ocean is really Diane, just showing in the wrong place on the map... it's easy to get places mixed up.

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 07:21:44 AM »
Having passed through there a few times, I think you will find that the person in the middle of the South Atlantic is on Ascension Island, a quaint little pimple and an essential link to the Falkland Islands.

Malc

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2010, 08:19:22 AM »
Look! There's me and Joan!

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2010, 05:20:50 PM »
Has anyone not seen Jeff Dunham and Achmed the Dead Terrorist?
I wonder if Achmed is the Nomad?

As penance for upsetting the Peepmaster, I have ordered 2 peep mugs.  One will definitely be viewable soon after it arrives as I will be trying out the #102nd use for a peep mug by making the most dangerous cake in the world and posting a picture there.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2010, 04:27:59 PM »
Has anyone not seen Jeff Dunham and Achmed the Dead Terrorist?
I wonder if Achmed is the Nomad?

As penance for upsetting the Peepmaster, I have ordered 2 peep mugs.  One will definitely be viewable soon after it arrives as I will be trying out the #102nd use for a peep mug by making the most dangerous cake in the world and posting a picture there.

Do you think that was wise, now he will know where you live.  :o

Welcome Bilthehut  :)
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2010, 04:42:41 PM »
I'll take that chance - I just hope that the mug (Beau Peep mug that is) is microwaveable.  Otherwise, I shall have a problem with the cake recipe.  But then this will be my first time with this recipe so who knows?

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2010, 05:06:19 PM »
Take it from someone whose age now legislates that there be almost-full cups of coffee abandoned around the house on a daily basis, Beau Peep mugs are eminently microwaveable, as well as dishwasher-safe.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2010, 05:20:04 PM »
We have a dishwasher now.  We had tried growing two but, despite encouragement and complaint, they both still do not know how to turn on a tap, put washing-up liquid in the sink, and wash and dry the dirty objects.  We gave up and so bought a dishwasher, which only needs connecting to the mains and water supply .. hang on, maybe I should have connected the kids up this way ?

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2010, 07:39:02 PM »
Ooh! Harsh - but fair.
I apologise, in advance.

Vulture

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2010, 07:48:24 PM »
We have a dishwasher now.  We had tried growing two but, despite encouragement and complaint, they both still do not know how to turn on a tap, put washing-up liquid in the sink, and wash and dry the dirty objects.  We gave up and so bought a dishwasher, which only needs connecting to the mains and water supply .. hang on, maybe I should have connected the kids up this way ?

When I finally got a dishwasher, the constant complaint (in triplicate) was 'but it not my turn to stack the dishes'!

Malc

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2010, 05:04:54 PM »
Vulch, that's one of my old gag cartoons. A couple fight about whose turn it is to do the dishes, so they buy a dishwasher.
Now they argue about whose turn it is to switch it on.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2010, 03:22:10 PM »
Malc, I apologise for having repeated one of your posts.

'Roger's missed opportunity' - Just a Fort, page 5

On a related tack, have you seen this? I think it's an unfortunate but inevitable by-product of the war against terror

My only excuse is that I did not read all previous posts before creating this thread.  But you didn't get the comments I did.

Malc

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2010, 08:57:13 PM »
The reason I said the "Ahmed" ventriloquist dummy routine was unfortunate, was that it perpetuated a general antipathy towards Muslims. In many ways, it was therapy for Americans, whose country had been attacked, they got to laugh at the mad bomber fundamentalist, and Jeff Dunham has been booked solid ever since.

My problem with the whole Ahmed thing is that any real Muslim involvement in 9/11 was peripheral and that America's real enemies are (as always) within.