Author Topic: To Beau Or Not To Beau.  (Read 6116 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
To Beau Or Not To Beau.
« on: January 20, 2010, 08:36:23 PM »
I got an email from the Daily Star today, telling me that someone contacted them regarding a possible amateur dramatic production of Beau Peep. I await further details and will keep you all up to date with anything that happens. While this may be regarded as small potatoes, I will shortly be organising flights to the Broadway version.

Jack

Re: To Beau Or Not To Beau.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 08:48:21 PM »
Ah, that'd be me, and my preparation for Diane's cancelled Christmas competition idea.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 09:11:43 PM »
I smell Diane and her library behind this, Roger...
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 09:20:02 PM »
Apparently, it was a man from Scotland who phoned in but that certainly doesn't rule out the cunning Diane. Hmmm.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 09:44:52 PM »
I think it is a brilliant idea and I had nothing to do with it.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 07:54:25 PM »
Well, I spoke to the guy involved and he seems to represent a highly thought of company. Their last production was a musical adaptation of a Scottish book which received excellent reviews from The Scotsman newspaper. You can read all about it at the following address. www.myspace.com/ladylanemusical
After the rather "heavy" material of that show, they decided to turn to something a bit lighter and have, bizarrely, gone for Beau Peep. They reckon it's a two to three year project so there you go. "Beau Peep--The Musical"!

Tom

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 08:00:44 PM »
I think that's really good! You'll have to keep us informed with this project, Roger!

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 08:15:48 PM »
This could be sensational. With the right talent, I can see it going all the way to the West End. Do they need a singer?

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 08:18:54 PM »
Maybe they can do the song, "Nomad er What".

Lyrics | Boyzone - No Matter What lyrics

Rob Baker

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 12:01:57 AM »
Wow! This sounds very interesting. I wonder who would best play the characters? I vaguely remember Roger saying that he thought Roy Kinnear would make a great Beau.

Roger, I guess this news is different to what you hinted at on your  "Apologies" post on the 9th of October (re: the Beau Peep commercial outlet in its embryo stage).  Any developments to report?

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 03:44:28 AM »
If they need anyone for the camel suit let me know!
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 09:21:55 AM »
Wow! This sounds very interesting. I wonder who would best play the characters? I vaguely remember Roger saying that he thought Roy Kinnear would make a great Beau.

Roger, I guess this news is different to what you hinted at on your  "Apologies" post on the 9th of October (re: the Beau Peep commercial outlet in its embryo stage).  Any developments to report?
That was something different, Rob, and I should know more in the next month or so.

peter

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 05:30:17 PM »
i have a good idea who could play Dennis

Malc

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 02:56:55 AM »
This is a great development, and could be what Beau needs to take it to the next level of public consciousness.
Charlie Brown The Musical ('You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown') has done extremely well over the years, and I believe I'm right in saying it's been regularly performed since its inception, winning Tony awards, etc.