Author Topic: Just for Malc  (Read 2631 times)

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
Just for Malc
« on: March 28, 2010, 11:09:49 PM »
There I was, eating my crunchy nut clusters and watching the Andrew Marr programme, when he started interviewing Emma Thompson.  A very interesting interview indeed.  My thoughts went to Malc and how he would find it interesting.... So, to help our fellows on'tother side of the globe, here's a link to the interview and other nice things about Emma.

Enjoy....... ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/search/emma_thompson

Take cover.......

Joan

Re: Just for Malc
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 12:03:50 AM »
You're safe, Bill.  At least from reaction to the Andrew Marr interview.  British TV programmes can only be played online in the UK because of the licensing laws.  This is a "don't get me started!" subject for me.  Very frustrating.  There are ways round it, but they  involve using proxy ISPs and a lot of fiddling about which I can't be bothered with.  It applies to all British TV, not just BBC iPlayer - ITV and regional stations like S4C.

So unless someone puts it on YouTube or the show is run on TV here (usually a year or two after if it's a chat show), we can't watch it.  We can listen to most of the radio though.  Emma's been in magazines and on TV here quite a bit as well - must be because of Nanny McPhee.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 12:06:52 AM by Joan »

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 01:25:17 PM »
B***er!

Thanks for the update, Joan.  It's nice to hear you are doing so well and finishing the chemo.

I remember well when my son had his various courses.  We used to feel him up when he was on the steroids, which helped him cope with the downsides.

Take care.

Bill

Malc

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 02:08:30 PM »
I can't believe they even got to make a second Nanny McPhee film (Nanny McPhee being a character which Thompson ripped off from a far more talented writer).
One reviewer got her perfectly when he wrote of "her dour character and Thompson's overly studied mannerisms." Another reviewer described her as having "no talent and the kind of face you'd want to bash again and again with a steel riveted fire door". That reviewer was me.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 03:21:20 PM »
 ;D
I didn't even have to produce the interview to get the reaction.

What if I say EMMA THOMPSON ?

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 03:24:27 PM »

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 04:19:36 PM »
You've just played into Malc's hands, Bill - even I wanted to reach for a steel riveted fire door after watching that.  :-\
I apologise, in advance.

Vulture

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 10:18:50 PM »
B***er!

Thanks for the update, Joan.  It's nice to hear you are doing so well and finishing the chemo.

I remember well when my son had his various courses.  We used to feel him up when he was on the steroids, which helped him cope with the downsides.

Take care.

Bill

Pardon!

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 10:51:16 PM »
B***er!

Take care.

Bill

Pardon!

dislexia ruels ko.
the word was 'FEED'

Jack

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 12:18:42 AM »
We used to feel him up when he was on the steroids, which helped him cope with the downsides.
Pardon!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Joan

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 12:27:25 AM »
I automatically read it as "feed" - didn't have my glasses on.  Just taken my first steroid for this time. I've come to dislike my little bottles of pills intensely.  I know it'd be awful without them, but their association with a not very nice experience is too strong.

I remember watching Nanny McPhee with my sister in Scotland.  Bought it in Tesco because it had Colin Firth in it.  Would have to be one of the most boring films I've ever seen.  Even Colin couldn't lift it.

Malc

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 12:23:06 AM »
There's a line there that I'm not going to touch.

Tom

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2010, 12:55:51 AM »
 :o Malc!

Joan

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2010, 11:30:56 AM »
Oh good God! These things just seem to come out these days.  Blame my chemo head.