Author Topic: Beau Peep Strips!  (Read 7726 times)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Beau Peep Strips!
« on: April 22, 2010, 02:16:32 PM »
Is it possible for someone to scan in the strips of Beau Peep and send them to me so that I can put them on the board. I can program a navigation page with different layouts, titbits of information, search facilities, cups of coffee and, eventually, naked women.

How about it?

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
Re: Beau Peep Strips!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 02:20:54 PM »
Isn't this already done with the weekly strip?  Where do they come from?
I would like to help once my bloody scanner is connecting correctly to the PC.  I don't have books 1-3.
Isn't there some copy write issues though?
What about Diane's excellent effort with Book #1?

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 03:17:18 PM »
Isn't this already done with the weekly strip?  Where do they come from?

Ask Peepmaster.

I would like to help once my bloody scanner is connecting correctly to the PC.  I don't have books 1-3.

Book 1 is scanned by Diane. I have books 2 and 3.

Isn't there some copy write issues though?

That's Roger's department. (Actually, when I wrote that, it reminded me of a line from a film: "That's Sorren's department." Does anyone know which film it is? I'll give clues if you need them.)

What about Diane's excellent effort with Book #1?

Yes, excellent, and it saves us scanning that one.

Vulture

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 03:31:26 PM »
Is it possible for someone to scan in the strips of Beau Peep and send them to me so that I can put them on the board. I can program a navigation page with different layouts, titbits of information, search facilities, cups of coffee and, eventually, naked women.

How about it?

This is a bit sexist! What about the naked Brad Pitt?

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 03:36:48 PM »

That's Roger's department. (Actually, when I wrote that, it reminded me of a line from a film: "That's Sorren's department." Does anyone know which film it is? I'll give clues if you need them.)

Ain't the internet wonderful.

"That's Sorren's department. Now, I've
started working on the other materials." 

The whole script has been painstakingly transcribed using the screenplay and/or viewings of *******.

Jack

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 03:42:10 PM »

How about it?

It's good of you to stick up for us blokes, Vulch, but it's quite alright. As you say, it IS sexist, but really, we men are quite used to being the victims of such sexism by now, so I'm sure that Brad Pitt won't mind too much at being left out of the naked pictures while the women get to take all of the... erm... exposure.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 03:43:04 PM »
I have books 2 and 3.

If you can bear to part with them for a short time, I WILL get the scanner fixed, scan them in and and start scanning in the other books that I have.  You will naturally get the books back.  Would jpgs of each page do, or preferably jpgs of each strip?

Jack

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 04:09:31 PM »
I have all of the books, but none of the umpteen-gazillion strips published since.

I dare say Rob Baker has them all.

Anyway, probably best to wait until Roger smacks you all down with legalities before anybody starts scanning. :D

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 05:07:54 PM »

How about it?

That's a great idea. Who gave it to you?
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 06:31:02 PM »
I don't think there are any copyright issues with the early books---they were produced by a now-defunct publisher. I HOPE there are no problems---I'm far too pretty to go to jail.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 06:34:56 PM »
I HOPE there are no problems---I'm far too pretty to go to jail.

Okay, so that's settled: other than the strip writer being as mad as a hatter, we're okay on copyright issues.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 06:56:04 PM »
Will there be an option for having a strip tattooed on one's lower back, or buttocks, which seems to be a fashion?
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010, 07:04:03 PM »
Will there be an option for having a strip tattooed on one's lower back, or buttocks, which seems to be a fashion?

You think it will go well with that skirt you wear?

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 10:35:08 PM »

How about it?

That's a great idea. Who gave it to you?

Is anyone going to do Book #2 or later?  Is there any legal problems with posting any of the remaining books (as you can't buy them in bookshops any more).  I have books 8 and 10-19. (our family started late in being BP readers).
But not the coffee or eventually naked women.  Does this mean they start off fully clothed then, as you peruse the Beau Peep strips, the women strip?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 10:44:43 PM by Bilthehut »

Feather

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2010, 04:41:49 AM »

How about it?

What about the naked Josh Holloway? If you don't know who he is, Vulture, do check him out.  ;)