Author Topic: Let's get 'em  (Read 7958 times)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Let's get 'em
« on: September 14, 2010, 02:25:05 PM »
Those in Outpourings think we're "girly weeds". I say we smash their faces in.

Fyodor

Re: Let's get 'em
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 05:01:09 PM »
No way are you a weed.

Vulture

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 06:13:11 PM »

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 11:09:50 PM »
I'm right behind you, manning the barricade.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 09:59:07 AM »
And now Diane is calling us weeds!

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 02:28:24 PM »
And now Diane is calling us wry erudite ebullient demonstrative superstars!

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 02:42:14 PM »
Nothing wrong with being a weed - they get a bad press. Weeds are actually very strong, resilient, persistant and extremely difficult to get rid of. They are the toughest of all in their group, and certainly not the wimps that their generic name has been adopted to suggest.

The only thing that makes them weeds is the fact they're not wanted where they are. To suggest that Mince is a weed is therefore entirely inaccur... oh, no... wait a minute..........  ???
I apologise, in advance.

Vulture

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 02:52:38 PM »
Nothing wrong with being a weed - they get a bad press. Weeds are actually very strong, resilient, persistant and extremely difficult to get rid of. They are the toughest of all in their group, and certainly not the wimps that their generic name has been adopted to suggest.

The only thing that makes them weeds is the fact they're not wanted where they are. To suggest that Mince is a weed is therefore entirely inaccur... oh, no... wait a minute..........  ???

Surely you want Mince to be exactly where he is - you don't want him on your doorstep, do you?

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 03:05:48 PM »

Surely you want Mince to be exactly where he is - you don't want him on your doorstep, do you?

I was thinking more of cyber location than actual physical geography, Vult. In those terms, he's already long since crossed the threshold and is camped out in the cupboard under the stairs.
I apologise, in advance.

Vulture

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 03:23:24 PM »

I was thinking more of cyber location than actual physical geography, Vult. In those terms, he's already long since crossed the threshold and is camped out in the cupboard under the stairs.

Like an older version of Harry Potter?

Feather

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 03:55:31 PM »
Does "girly weeds" mean flowers?

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 04:16:36 PM »
Only if they're unwanted flowers, Feather. In which case, Bill will get rid of them for you.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 11:02:00 PM »
Why me?

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2010, 11:37:10 PM »
You know all those charities.
I apologise, in advance.

Feather

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2010, 03:41:23 AM »
What are "girly weeds?" I don't understand.