Author Topic: Let's get 'em  (Read 7942 times)

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
Re: Let's get 'em
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 07:10:54 AM »
Girly means slightly effeminate for a guy, but not gay.  A sporty bloke (jock in US parlance) is not a girly.  It is a derogatory term for a guy.

Weed means weak, ineffectual, etc (the opposite of whatba real plant weed is).  If the weedy bloke was into computers, etc, he would be a nerd.

Combined, the two are derogatory to us smart, fit, intelligent, sporty, women-loving male specimens of the human race.  You don't get many girly weeds in the army.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 07:11:24 AM »
P.s. I'm also a nerd.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2010, 07:16:51 AM »
You know all those charities.

I don't do gardening. Once I start digging, it ends up as a hole where I can shelter from enemy fire.  You never know when they may be coming. I do do grass cutting and clearing scrub, chainsawing unwanted woodery stuff.  But, as for flowers ... They are nice to look at, but I don't look after them that well.

Feather

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2010, 01:23:20 PM »
Girly means slightly effeminate for a guy, but not gay.  A sporty bloke (jock in US parlance) is not a girly.  It is a derogatory term for a guy.

Weed means weak, ineffectual, etc (the opposite of whatba real plant weed is).  If the weedy bloke was into computers, etc, he would be a nerd.

Combined, the two are derogatory to us smart, fit, intelligent, sporty, women-loving male specimens of the human race.  You don't get many girly weeds in the army.

Thank you for the explanation, Bill.