Author Topic: Real odd names  (Read 1852 times)

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
Real odd names
« on: January 15, 2011, 10:25:36 PM »
I am just watching the 10 O'clock news and hearing about the riots in Tunisia, the change in government and how this might continue elsewhere.  Then the news article switches to Egypt and a spokesman from Cairo University is expressing something or other. The trouble is the wife has just pointed out his name.  It is Prof Mustapha Kamel Al Sayyid.  He can't have a car but ....

Is Roger influencing the BBC News now, plugging Beau Peep with new characters?

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: Real odd names
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 12:27:28 AM »
Interesting segue.  :-\
I apologise, in advance.

Malc

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 04:03:30 AM »
I'm sure, way back in the late 70s, early 80s, there was a guy in politics called Humphrey Dumpty.
He was either running for office in (I think) the Scottish highlands or he was a prospective MP's election agent. I definitely didn't dream this.

Vulture

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 10:16:25 AM »
I'm sure, way back in the late 70s, early 80s, there was a guy in politics called Humphrey Dumpty.
He was either running for office in (I think) the Scottish highlands or he was a prospective MP's election agent. I definitely didn't dream this.

Was the late 70s\early 80s when you were experimenting with 'recreational' drugs....?  :-* :-*

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 03:45:32 PM »

He would have been too thin-skinned and fragile for politics.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Tom

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 01:03:12 PM »

Was he a yokel?

Malc

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 09:42:17 PM »
...and an egg white supremacist.

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 11:47:29 PM »
...and an egg white supremacist.

May have been a chicken supremacist.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 02:16:47 AM »
I am getting worried now. Nige must be sick.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad