Author Topic: Roger Competition  (Read 28468 times)

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: Roger Competition
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2007, 09:27:31 AM »
Ah, but Malc, unfortunately, under the strict and carefully-crafted rules of this competition, as outlined in Post 3, if someone else uses the word, the game's up. And I, as the guilty party, albeit in my naive innocence (aka stupidity), have effectively ended the 'ribaldry' ruse...along with Diamond Lil, who has now sunk it without trace (I note she has no access to this board - presumably because of being Roger's sister), and included a seemingly narked reference to the "rude email" sent out about the competition, which I assume Roger didn't get (and hopefully won't ask questions about).

I'd be happy to overlook that rule (I would, wouldn't I?) of course, but I feel the task is getting more difficult for that particular word, but let's wait and see. Roger seems to have gone quiet over the past 24 hours...he's not gone away on holiday in an ironic twist of fate (or even a caravan) by any chance?

Diane, you've really got me worried now. Have I been the victim of a double bluff here, and provided Malc and Peepsie with a share of the spoils in the 25-grand TTTT (everyone misses that third 'T') Competition? Is there a Gullibility booby prize?
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2007, 09:47:34 AM »
To answer Diane's question: Peepmaster is also an admin and can see ALL forums. If you don't believe me, ask him.

As per the rules, "ribaldry" has been used and so we choose another word. Tarquin has chosen "tart".

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2007, 09:52:27 AM »
I did not send Diamond Lil an email. I think she is referring to the other topic I started about mass emailing everyone.

I can invite her to the competition.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2007, 10:02:21 AM »
I did not send Diamond Lil an email. I think she is referring to the other topic I started about mass emailing everyone.

I can invite her to the competition.

Perhaps wait 'til she's in a better mood...
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2007, 10:06:33 AM »
On your head be it . . .

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2007, 10:10:56 AM »
"Stop all this ribena"   ;D ;D ;D

Told you he was clever!

I apologise, in advance.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2007, 10:23:04 AM »
Funny thing is, Ribena was going to be my first choice of word...
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2007, 10:29:09 AM »
Question is, would that have altered Malc's strategy?
I apologise, in advance.

Malc

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2007, 01:26:18 PM »
Answer  is, no.

My strategy was brilliant, the only thing stopping it from succeeding was the blundering intervention of a certain ginger twit.

Now I will have to come up with a similarly inspired plan for "tart".

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2007, 01:46:38 PM »
Answer  is, no.

My strategy was brilliant, the only thing stopping it from succeeding was the blundering intervention of a certain ginger twit.

You call that inspired? You barge into the middle of my subtle and beautifully-constructed steering of the conversation to dangle the bait of comedy puddings, and plonk (yes, that's the word, plonk) in a seemingly irrelevant word association that most SEVEN-year-olds would deem insulting, and not expect Roger to smell a tart...I mean rat?

And you have the nerve to call me a ginger twat? Actually, with all the white hair I'm amassing, it now looks blonde.
I apologise, in advance.

Malc

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2007, 02:35:16 PM »
Twit, not twat!

I wouldn't sully the delicate ears of the ladies who grace us with their presence on this forum with such language.

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2007, 02:50:36 PM »
I apologise - that was a very unfortunate and unintended typo.

For continuity purposes (I'd hate for it to appear like Malc was talking gibberish) I shall resist editing my last post. But I do humbly apologise for the aberration.

However, I stand by everything else.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2007, 03:15:49 PM »
Answer  is, no.

Call that a plan? The best answer you can get is "tarts" - watch my lemon thread and weep!
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2007, 03:19:12 PM »
If there was a secret Mince forum, surely you would have just blown it, Diane?

If there is, where is it so I can join in the fun?

I was just winding Mince up.  ;)
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Elizabeth

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2007, 03:23:00 PM »
Truly inspired Diane - I laughed out loud at your lemons post :D