Author Topic: Sod's Law.  (Read 2510 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Sod's Law.
« on: August 10, 2011, 07:57:04 PM »
In today's Beau Peep strip (which I wrote months ago) in The Star, I mentioned London for the first time ever. Beau had asked Dennis what he'd take to a desert island with him and Dennis had replied "London". An innocent gag about taking all the facilities of a capital city to a desert island.
In the current climate, this looks like a confusing statement about what's going on down there.
Anyway, I hope all of you who live in these potentially volatile areas are okay and continue to be so.

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
Re: Sod's Law.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 05:08:21 PM »
It's quiet in Blandford.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 12:50:06 AM »
I understood “sod’s law” today when sitting out in my daughter’s old playhouse that we converted into a cute little reading room this spring – two pink chairs, a little table and a bookshelf. I was reclining there under my cozy, fuzzy lime-green blanket with a chilled diet root beer on the table, thinking, “The grass is green, the garden is looking beautiful, the dogs are quiet – I have a book to read in the peace and quiet; this is a beautiful time of my life”. Precisely at that thought, a bloody big woodpecker flew in and started hammering on the roof.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 07:06:07 PM »
 ;D