Author Topic: "We gather for the fear of Doris!"......  (Read 9246 times)

Rob Baker

"We gather for the fear of Doris!"......
« on: November 04, 2011, 06:41:20 PM »
....is the strap line of a new (rival?!) Beau Peep website.

I can't see who their Peepmaster is, or any other contact details, but a quick search indicates that it's based in Bangalore, India, and was launched on 20/08/11.   

They've started to scan in all the BP books (they're up to Book 9 so far).  I think it's a bit cheeky there's no link to this site - and it appears they've nicked our logo picture of Beau!

Have a look:
www.omgbeaupeep.com

Do you know anything about it Roger?

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: "We gather for the fear of Doris!"......
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 07:54:33 PM »
No, I wasn't aware of it until now, Robert, but it seems pretty harmless to me. I have no idea why Beau Peep is so popular in India but it's something I'm really proud of.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 10:20:20 PM »
it seems pretty harmless to me

Are you joking? It's clear that we have to declare war!

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 11:42:27 PM »
They even have a Facebook site.  I have just posted a shot across their bows pointing to OUR website.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 11:53:06 PM »
Blimey, Bill - you've invited them all here. Better send out to the Cash 'n' Carry for a crate of chocolate HobNobs - could be thousands of 'em!

Actually, from the appearance of the site, this looks like the work of one man and his ferret at the moment. And considering the amount of effort he appears to have put in, with nine books (so far) online, I think you may have been a little harsh suggesting he wasn't a "real" fan. Looks like one to me.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 11:54:30 PM »
I am enjoying reading Book 2 there.  So, all credit to the ferret.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 11:55:16 PM »
Maybe I should have said 'original' fans?

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2011, 02:08:03 AM »
Funny, but I was just thinking recently that I would scan book #2 over the holidays and make a site for that as I did for book 1 (Mostly for Bill) - now I guess I will just do more knitting.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Vulture

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2011, 07:18:18 AM »
Funny, but I was just thinking recently that I would scan book #2 over the holidays and make a site for that as I did for book 1 (Mostly for Bill) - now I guess I will just do more knitting.

How's the scarf coming along, Diane? Are you going to knit socks and gloves to match?

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2011, 09:23:53 AM »

Diane, thanks for the kind thought.  Can I have a scarf?

Rob Baker

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2011, 04:53:59 PM »
They even have a Facebook site.  I have just posted a shot across their bows pointing to OUR website.
Ahh, well done Bill, they've now added a link to us:   "Get together with more Beau Peep fans at Camel Dung, The Original Beau Peep Notice Board!"

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2011, 04:55:35 PM »

How's the scarf coming along, Diane? Are you going to knit socks and gloves to match?

Thanks for asking Vulch - yes, these are exciting times we live in! I am on the second to last stripe from the other end - with a bit of a push I could be done this weekend, however I may need to wait until I can get to high speed internet to see the video with instuctions on how to cast off.

I don't think I will make anything other than scaves as they are nice and rectangular (well almost).
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2011, 05:01:26 PM »
Ahh, well done Bill, they've now added a link to us:   "Get together with more Beau Peep fans at Camel Dung, The Original Beau Peep Notice Board!"

I just made a new friend at Karate who is Indian (real Indian from India not what 1/3 of our population around here are which is Cree Indian) – word to the wise:  Indians, it seems, are quite touchy on the subject of the movie “Slumdog Millionaire” so lets not talk about that.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2011, 05:02:20 PM »

Diane, thanks for the kind thought.  Can I have a scarf?

I will sure think about that Bill.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2011, 05:06:54 PM »
I just had a look at their site - what I don't like about it is that it is better than mine. The gits!