Author Topic: Snow yet, Diane?  (Read 1044 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Snow yet, Diane?
« on: November 05, 2011, 06:22:22 PM »
My friends in Billings, Montana, tell me that the first snow of Winter has arrived. Anything up across the border with you, Diane? Keep knitting, woman!

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: Snow yet, Diane?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 08:16:12 PM »
We had a brief sprinkling on Halloween night when we were lining up to get into the Town's Haunted House (which, by the way, scared the bejesus out of me! all those people wearing black and jumping out at you in the dark and my daughter hitting them off with her handbag) - but other than that, no its holding off.

We have had a whole extra month of nice weather - my husband planted green feed (grain that you plant planning to cut and bale up with the grain still on the stalks for good quality cattle feed) but with the extra month we have a wheat crop! He had to borrow his friend's combine harvester as we are not set up for grain farming. Maybe THIS will be the year we make money farming.  :)

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Diamond Lil

Re: Snow yet, Diane?
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 06:40:14 AM »
Maybe THIS will be the year we make money farming.  :)

I certainly hope so :)