Author Topic: "The Zombie Thread"  (Read 3169 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

"The Zombie Thread"
« on: January 02, 2012, 12:17:38 AM »
My husband and I started watching "The Walking Dead" on Netflix. We watched the last few shows of season 1 last night. Hubby thought is was a cheap show that "someone had thrown together in a weekend with a budget of 100K - turns out he was wrong and it is a BIG current TV hit - winning awards and all that.

Now what I would like to know is how come it is (really) bad if a zombie bites or scratches you but it seems to be okay if you shoot someone in the bottom with an arrow that has previously penetrated a zombie's brain. How can that be okay? Why is the zombie disease not passed by blood on weapons?

Any thoughts?

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: "The Zombie Thread"
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 10:15:51 AM »
This is not something I've really considered before, Diane, so I may need a bit of time to mull it over. I've been shot in the arse by an arrow that previously had been in a zombie's brain....
I'll get back to you.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 10:40:58 AM »
I think it's conclusive proof that Zombieism isn't an infectious disease, but the result of poor lifestyle choices, or possibly hereditary.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 11:04:55 AM »
I've been shot in the arse by an arrow that previously had been in a zombie's brain....

Is that missing a "never" or are you just considering the possibility?

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 04:52:36 PM »
I think it's conclusive proof that Zombieism isn't an infectious disease, but the result of poor lifestyle choices, or possibly hereditary.

Thanks fort that info Tarqs - I would have asked my doctor but it is 4/5 week long wait to get in for a regular office appointment and I don't think this is the kind of thing you can ask in Emergeny...unless of course you actually have an arrow in your butt cheek at the time.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 12:25:57 AM »
Makes you wonder what Roger did. Roger?
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 02:52:30 PM »
As Mince pointed out, I was merely pondering the possibility of the scenario. I have never been shot in the arse by an arrow that had  previously been in a zombie's brain. Or, if I have, I don't remember.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 04:01:22 PM »
Or, if I have, I don't remember.

Maybe your not remembering it is proof enough.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 04:35:11 PM »
Well either way, you all seem to back up the shows writers by saying that is is safe to be shot in the bottom by an arrow that has zombie blood on it.

One less thing to worry about.

Jack

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 09:07:21 PM »
Maybe the infection is passed on through Zombie saliva, which just happens to get into your blood when they bite you. Or maybe the bottom is impervious to zombie-ism. What happens if a zombie bites you on the arse?

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 10:26:54 PM »
Maybe the infection is passed on through Zombie saliva, which just happens to get into your blood when they bite you. Or maybe the bottom is impervious to zombie-ism. What happens if a zombie bites you on the arse?

This is more likely to happen than one might think - not so easy to notice an attack from the rear. You may be onto something with the saliva theory Jack.

This is the link if anyone wants to read up on the stories from season one (6 episodes) and season two (7 out of 13 episodes) It is much less scary to read the stories than to have the zombies popping into the screen when you are least expecting it. http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 11:52:47 PM »
I commend the book "Dr Dale's Zombie Dictionary: The A-Z Guide to Staying Alive", available as a Kindle e-book as the first step in preventing Zombie-ism from affecting you.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2012, 01:34:56 PM »
I had an anti-tetanus injection yesterday, but it wasn't in the arsenal.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012, 05:11:29 PM »
 :)