Author Topic: Questions for Roger about Beau Peep  (Read 3696 times)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Questions for Roger about Beau Peep
« on: February 19, 2012, 06:14:20 PM »
1. Do you dream about it?

2. Does it make you laugh?

3. Have any of your family ever ghost-written a strip?

4. When will you stop writing it?

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: Questions for Roger about Beau Peep
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 08:56:16 PM »
1. This often happens when I'm behind with my work. If I've had a day when I've come up with nothing, I tend to have a restless night with all sorts of surreal strip ideas running through my head. Virtually none of them make sense the next morning.
2. No. I've never laughed while writing the strips. On a FEW occasions, I've looked at an old book and smiled at a strip I'd forgotten about.
3. No.
4. This is a decision that will probably be taken out of my hands. Some editor at the Daily Star will decide that enough is enough and pull the plug.
Or I'll die.
Or I'll win the lottery and spend my remaining years drinking beer in a log cabin in Montana.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 01:34:44 AM »
I just had fun shopping for a log home for you Roger. This place has over 20 acres for $359,000. You can send in your work by email and there is oodles of room to build mini-cabins for your kids. It is probably tax deductable if you use it for reasearch for the Horace strips.  8)

http://www.taunyafagan.com/index.php?page_id=409
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 09:23:38 AM »
Perfect, Diane---and you can pop down from Alberta with a welcoming basket of cookies!

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 12:42:49 PM »
You can buy a whole town in Paradise Valley, Roger!
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 02:15:55 PM »
Ah, the Billings Gazette! I'll be having a beer with their top columnist, Ed Kemmick, in a couple of months.
I like the idea of owning an entire town, Peeps. Kettleville? Kettle Gulch? Los Kettlos?

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 02:22:01 PM »
I've been following the Billings Gazette's Facebook page ever since you last referred to it, Roger. It certainly throws up some interesting news stories now and again...

As for the town name - how about Kettlering?
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟