Author Topic: I have a dream!  (Read 1782 times)

Zesty White

I have a dream!
« on: March 26, 2012, 09:46:16 PM »
Well, more accurately, I had a dream. Last night. It was weird, and I'm mainly putting it down to the unseasonal heat, but it did make me think.
I dreamt I awoke in a laboratory of some kind. I was facing three or four screen which were all playing stuff from my memory, from my perspective. In my arms were various IV needles and there were lots of leads going to monitors and vaguely medical looking stuff.
I was very very groggy and I turned round to see half a dozen scientist types monitoring equipment etc. One of them spotted that I had awoken, panicked, and then he and his mates rushed to sedate me - and at that I woke up....

I then spent the next five minutes wondering whether the dream was real and 'reality' was the dream.

Then I wondered if it would be a good idea for a novel.

Then I realised it was too Matrixy and went back to sleep.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Re: I have a dream!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 11:25:22 PM »
Weirdly, I also had a dream. It was about a man who wore skirts and lipstick and stockings and pranced around all day like a complete nancy. But I also knew it was not worth making into a book because everyone would just think it was a biography of Peepmaster.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 11:50:04 PM »
Weirdly, I also had a dream. It was about a man who wore skirts and lipstick and stockings and pranced around all day like a complete nancy. But I also knew it was not worth making into a book because everyone would just think it was a biography of Peepmaster.

Not sure one should start a sentence with a conjunction.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Redundant

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 02:23:38 AM »
I think it begs the questions, 1) would the sentence and paragraph function just as well without the initial conjunction, and 2) should the sentence in question be connected to the previous sentence?  in the case of:

I think the "But" qualifies.

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 09:31:58 AM »
Shhh, Redundant.  It's not advisable to get into an argument between  Mince and the Peepmaster.  It tends to get messy.  Just sit back and enjoy the fireworks.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 02:07:44 PM »
But it's entertaining.

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 03:34:04 PM »
That's why I'm being quiet, Roger. :-X

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 07:08:58 PM »
I dreamed about Prince Charles and my tomatoes.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Malc

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2012, 04:20:31 AM »
"so you are really fruit? One never knew that..."