Author Topic: The mark of the beast  (Read 4864 times)

Redundant

The mark of the beast
« on: March 28, 2012, 03:40:16 PM »
Just about to pay for my second copy of book 6, [darn you bid button], toying with the idea of aquiring a third copy, then I'd have 666...and you could all tremble [or even vibrate] with fear.   Alternately I could bring both copies together...would Beau cease to exist on meeting his alternate universal self?...could two Egons actually produce a meal that didn't include mince?...do I suddenly have too much time on my hands?   On reflection I think I'll go for the master of evil option, after all he gets all the best looking women, the fastest cars and the best lines for almost all of any film I have watched, then conveniently fails at the final moment...story of my life [except for the fastest cars and best lines, I did get the best woman].

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: The mark of the beast
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 05:18:34 PM »
Then you have to remember that Dennis is one of triplets so there would be six of them if everyone were doubled.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 06:35:36 PM »
I'd forgotten that Dennis was one of triplets. This forum is very helpful.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 07:10:40 PM »
Don't you keep notes?

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 07:40:59 PM »
Nah.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 07:51:57 PM »
Remember that Dennis is also Beau Peep's son, in case you forgot that as well.

Redundant

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 10:27:13 PM »
Not quite the level of fear I was anticipating... as for

Then you have to remember that Dennis is one of triplets so there would be six of them if everyone were doubled.

That's actually a scarier thought.   I [once] made the mistake of sharing my enjoyment of the Beau Beep strips with a young lady, in Halifax, Nova Scotia as I recall, as she had a tremendous collection of Snoopy books.   She read the one Beau book I had with me on those particular travels and sadly that reading played its part in the eventual demise of the relationship as her main comment was roughly "I like Dennis, he's cute and I don't like it when 'the other one' slaps him around"   But it was a fine Snoopy collection.

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 11:13:57 PM »
Just about to pay for my second copy of book 6, [darn you bid button], toying with the idea of aquiring a third copy, then I'd have 666...and you could all tremble [or even vibrate] with fear.   Alternately I could bring both copies together...would Beau cease to exist on meeting his alternate universal self?...could two Egons actually produce a meal that didn't include mince?...do I suddenly have too much time on my hands? 

How about trying to sell one copy on ebay?

Redundant

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 06:40:07 PM »

Great, now I owe myself £1.99...nice idea Bilthehut, care to bid?

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 09:49:59 PM »

Great, now I owe myself £1.99...nice idea Bilthehut, care to bid?

Nah. Already have 'one' copy.  I do have a number of Beau Peep mugs, one with no handle as it was injured in the line of duty.  Want to bid for one?