Author Topic: Zombies  (Read 6830 times)

Sandy Buttcheeks

Re: Zombies
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 11:01:44 PM »
One of my Mormon friends invited me to a home survival sales party this Friday. (They are required to keep several years worth of food on hand for their families as part of their religion) - after watching the Zombie shows I am very tempted to get some freeze dried food packages and stock up on bullets.

Seriously? What do they sell at the party? Is it one of those "latest thing on the market" type gigs where they show new products?
That could be quite a lot of food given the size of some families. Didn't realise Mormons took zombies so seriously...good for them.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 12:29:08 AM »
They don’t believe in zombies but they do want to have nutritionally balanced, gourmet meals when they are bunkered in for the duration when the rest of the world is going to hell.

It is a homes sales product line much like Tupperware, candles, spices and all the other things that people try to sell at home sales parties these days. Here is the link to this the freeze dried food website: http://canada.shelfreliance.com/home

The trouble with all the home sales items is that they are priced so high because of the pyramid pay structure of the people selling. Of course, should there be a zombie attack I will wish I had invested in food with a 25 year shelf life.  :-\
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2012, 05:43:01 PM »
This is brilliant ! Bring on zombies, world pestilence, or a bad run of TV series...I'll be in my bunker, rotating my cans. Best of all, they sell cans of Mince. Who wouldn't want Mince in a can?

(I'm sure Egon could make use of some of this stuff).

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2012, 07:30:58 PM »
It would be handy for a lot of things realy - being light it would be good to take on backpacking trips to the woods or climbing up K2.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2012, 08:54:21 PM »
It would be handy for a lot of things realy - being light it would be good to take on backpacking trips to the woods or climbing up K2.

Or you could throw them at zombies and hope to knock their heads off.

Malc

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2012, 12:22:59 AM »
Apart from The Mummy, I find zombies to be the most ridiculous monsters. I realise the new series (ain't seen it) may portray them as much more mobile, but in any zombie film I've seen, they merely tend to shuffle around.

I've also never figured out what brings them back from the dead. Nor how they got out of their coffins under a ton of earth, some weeks after they've been interred, nor (bearing in mind the phenomenal strength required to achieve their resurrection) how they subsequently can only shuffle about. Maybe they're puffed out.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2012, 02:22:08 AM »
Probably just have ill-fitting slippers.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2012, 12:08:27 PM »
I've also never figured out what brings them back from the dead. Nor how they got out of their coffins under a ton of earth, some weeks after they've been interred, nor (bearing in mind the phenomenal strength required to achieve their resurrection) how they subsequently can only shuffle about. Maybe they're puffed out.

You're assuming that every buried zombie gets out. But it's only the shallow-buried ones.

Next objection?

Egg

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2012, 02:22:28 PM »
Probably just have ill-fitting slippers.

;D ;D ;D Painting pictures with words......Classic!  ;D

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2012, 09:14:23 PM »
They also always seem to wear rags. Why? Surely funeral parlours don't steal the good clothes people get buried in and swap them for all the charity shop throw-aways? 
Actually, maybe that's the secret to non-zombification...make sure your buried by a quality funeral parlour who lets you keep on your Sunday best.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2012, 10:45:41 PM »
Apart from The Mummy, I find zombies to be the most ridiculous monsters. I realise the new series (ain't seen it) may portray them as much more mobile, but in any zombie film I've seen, they merely tend to shuffle around.

The zombie movies I’ve seen are the current Walking Dead TV series now in its 3rd year. I watched the first year on Netflix when I had high speed briefly last winter – the other was Shaun of the Dead. These are not buried dead people but people who have been bitten or scratched by other zombies as the virus spreads from person to person by blood contact. The virus re-activates the brain once the body is dead – which makes giving mouth-to-mouth on the perishing quite risky.

Really thinking about, it we could have ancestral memories of the black plague which brings rise to the fear and the believability of half dead people walking about and our need to avoid them.

Or maybe it is just a nerd thing.

Egg

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2012, 10:46:55 PM »
They also always seem to wear rags. Why? Surely funeral parlours don't steal the good clothes people get buried in and swap them for all the charity shop throw-aways? 
Actually, maybe that's the secret to non-zombification...make sure your buried by a quality funeral parlour who lets you keep on your Sunday best.

Does anyone still actually have Sunday Best!  ..0

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2012, 12:11:33 AM »
If anyone hasn't seen Zombieland with Woody Harrelson, I can totally recommend it. It is hilarious, with a tremendous Bill Murray cameo.

The zombies all pretty much wear rags. I'm not trying to make a point, I'm just saying.