Author Topic: Yoohoooooooooooooooo.  (Read 4475 times)

Sandy Buttcheeks

Yoohoooooooooooooooo.
« on: January 14, 2013, 08:15:49 PM »
Right...where is everybody? Are you hiding again? I bought myself a keyboard to learn to play and I'm just wondering if I've had it up too loud.

:'(

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Re: Yoohoooooooooooooooo.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 09:29:30 PM »
Okay, everyone, I'm starting to feel a little guilty now, so I think we ought to end the Let's Hide From Sandy game.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 09:42:42 PM »
Shhhh!
Funnily enough, my wife dragged an old keyboard out of the attic the other day, along with an old record player. One of the few LPs she owns includes a disco version of the theme from Close Encounters of the Third Kind, which she has played incessantly. There are five notes in this theme(Da-dee-da-dee-DUM) and she insisted I taught her these on the aforementioned keyboard.
I think she wants the mother ship to come and take her home.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 12:09:24 AM »
I have been spending an awful lot of time watching TV. We got a 6 month trial of a movie package deal of 8 stations for $10 a month. THree of them show movie after movie day and night with no commercial breaks - movies mostly from 2012 and 2011. For many years in my life I just about gave up on tv as we get 20 minutes or more of commercials per hour.

This weekend I watched: Tower Heist; Salmon Fishing in the Yemen; Abduction; Man on a Ledge and The Darkest Hour - which added all up is almost like a full day at work. 

Out of those movies Salmon Fishing on the Yemen and Man on a Ledge were really worth watching if anyone gets get a chance.

I wonder what's on the telly tonight?  :)
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 09:20:27 PM »
I watched Salmon Fishing on the Yemen while flying either to, or from, the Far East last year. Quite a charming little film in its way.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Diamond Lil

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 08:10:32 AM »
Ditto...but not whilst en route to the Far East.  Recently saw Ewan McGregor in "The Impossible."  Hope he stays away from water for his next venture.

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 07:42:58 PM »
Ditto...but not whilst en route to the Far East.  Recently saw Ewan McGregor in "The Impossible."  Hope he stays away from water for his next venture.

I hope the film was in one part, not bloody three like that cad Bilbo Baggins effort.   >:(

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 02:19:14 AM »
Have you noticed how they don't put "End of Part 1" or "End of Part 2" after programme segments these days? Just the title comes up usually. Maybe it's cost-cutting, no longer fashionable, or there's a tax levied they wish to avoid. In any event, I hanker for those days of yore, when you could appreciate the work that had gone into identifying the section of show you have witnessed prior to the advertising break, and could zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Malc

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 12:54:11 PM »
I still get annoyed,having watched a whole episode of daft cop shows like DCI Banks, to find that I have to wait until the next night to find out who the murderer is (it's always the one you saw in the first five minutes who looked like butter wouldn't melt in their mouth).

I knew last time it was the new forensic pathologist who had been horribly raped as a girl and who exacted her revenge on those responsible, and who ended up slitting her own throat when confronted in the mortuary. You know, like you do.

Vulture

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 03:10:00 PM »
I still get annoyed,having watched a whole episode of daft cop shows like DCI Banks, to find that I have to wait until the next night to find out who the murderer is (it's always the one you saw in the first five minutes who looked like butter wouldn't melt in their mouth).

I knew last time it was the new forensic pathologist who had been horribly raped as a girl and who exacted her revenge on those responsible, and who ended up slitting her own throat when confronted in the mortuary. You know, like you do.

If this is the kind of s**te they're trawling out every night, it makes me doubly glad that I don't have a TV!

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 06:11:19 PM »

If this is the kind of s**te they're trawling out every night, it makes me doubly glad that I don't have a TV!

It gets worse after the children's programmes are finished, Vulch.

Vulture

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2013, 07:12:40 PM »

Fortunately, no 'children' either!

Egg

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2013, 10:14:36 PM »

No Bin Lids and no TV.............How's that work then?  :o

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2013, 10:52:57 PM »

No Bin Lids and no TV.............How's that work then?  :o

Rather blissfully, I would imagine.