Author Topic: Women's Choral Societies...  (Read 6008 times)

Offline The Peepmaster

Women's Choral Societies...
« on: January 24, 2013, 07:33:17 PM »
Does anyone here sing in a women's choir?

I'm a big fan of Radiohead, and I understand they're not everyone's cup of tea, so to speak, but I like their experimentation and Thom Yorkes's vocals.

Anyway, a lady I know pointed me towards this beautiful rendition of one of their songs.

Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: Women's Choral Societies...
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 07:36:19 PM »
No, but I do have a shed.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 07:47:09 PM »
That would be Radioshed, Diane.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 07:52:12 PM »
There was/is a company in USA called Radioshack, Roger!

http://www.radioshack.com/home/index.jsp

They had stores in the UK called Tandy, and I used to help do artwork for their catalogues years ago! I understand Tandy was taken over by Carphone Warehouse.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 09:52:15 PM by The Peepmaster »

Jack

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 09:46:52 PM »
"Wharehouse" was dangerously close to being an excellent mis-spelling. As it is, it's just an average one.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 09:56:05 PM »
"Wharehouse" was dangerously close to being an excellent mis-spelling. As it is, it's just an average one.

Oops - I don't know what I was thinking about...

Thinking about women singing made me wonder whether Mince has started doing karaoke yet.

I'm also reminded that Diane had a stand-up gig doing comedy this week, but haven't heard how it went. Obviously I hope it went well.

The 3rd woman I've been thinking about is Joan - doing here fire-fighting skills in Australia. I hope she's safe.

Jack

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 11:14:55 PM »
I'm not especially keen on Radiohead, but that is one of the few songs of theirs I'm actually familar with and used to quite enjoy.

However, there is something slightly surreal about a ladies choir serenely singing the f-word.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 03:17:06 AM »

Thinking about women singing made me wonder whether Mince has started doing karaoke yet.

I'm also reminded that Diane had a stand-up gig doing comedy this week, but haven't heard how it went. Obviously I hope it went well.

The 3rd woman I've been thinking about is Joan - doing here fire-fighting skills in Australia. I hope she's safe.

My stand up comedy was okay - people laughed when they should have except about the generosity/mouse trap joke - that one bombed. I am glad to have done it but don't think I have any talent for it.

It was I think an all time record for guests attending a Toastmaster meeting in this town with 14 of them so it was a great idea and a sucessful event. I needed to come up with a public relations event to get my Competent Leadership badge. 
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Egg

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 07:47:41 AM »
Radiohead......fantastic live. Seen them half a dozen times over the years. Multi talented group of
musicians, check out some of the solo stuff they've done including film scores and Thom's new
project, Atoms For Peace.

Oh, and I'm not in a choir or a girl and still don't have a shed, but it is Friday and that means B&C.
Beer and Chili.....the local always puts on a big pot of Chili on a Friday evening and it's free, but
they're not daft, it blows your socks off so you need more beer....always a good night not so good
Saturday morning.....queue Johnny Cash song! :o

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 10:14:55 AM »
Radiohead......fantastic live. Seen them half a dozen times over the years. Multi talented group of
musicians, check out some of the solo stuff they've done including film scores and Thom's new
project, Atoms For Peace.

Oh, and I'm not in a choir or a girl and still don't have a shed, but it is Friday and that means B&C.
Beer and Chili.....the local always puts on a big pot of Chili on a Friday evening and it's free, but
they're not daft, it blows your socks off so you need more beer....always a good night not so good
Saturday morning.....queue Johnny Cash song! :o

Boy named Sue?

Egg

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 11:35:17 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 11:37:51 AM »
He'd have to be to get any chance of singing with the ladies.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 01:49:53 PM »

My stand up comedy was okay - people laughed when they should have except about the generosity/mouse trap joke - that one bombed. I am glad to have done it but don't think I have any talent for it.

It was I think an all time record for guests attending a Toastmaster meeting in this town with 14 of them so it was a great idea and a sucessful event. I needed to come up with a public relations event to get my Competent Leadership badge.

Have you contemplated recording any of these events, and posting them onto YouTube, Diane? I think I'd enjoy seeing you do  a stand-up comedy act. Your performance would then be preserved for posterity for future enthusiasts of the genre to enjoy.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2013, 03:51:37 PM »

Have you contemplated recording any of these events, and posting them onto YouTube, Diane? I think I'd enjoy seeing you do  a stand-up comedy act. Your performance would then be preserved for posterity for future enthusiasts of the genre to enjoy.

As that was a once in a lifetime event, probably not.

I couldn't even get my huband to attend - it would have made him late for his basketball game. Git.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2013, 04:29:08 PM »
I couldn't even get my huband to attend - it would have made him late for his basketball game. Git.

Ironically, that would have been a good gag for your routine.