Author Topic: Women's Choral Societies...  (Read 6017 times)

Sandy Buttcheeks

Re: Women's Choral Societies...
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 09:11:45 PM »
I'm not especially keen on Radiohead, but that is one of the few songs of theirs I'm actually familar with and used to quite enjoy.

However, there is something slightly surreal about a ladies choir serenely singing the f-word.

That has to be one of the most beauftifully pronounced F-words ever. If any of those ladies sang to me, "F-off", I would...and I would be happy, joyous and uplifted.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2013, 10:37:43 PM »
Ignore the "f" word. It's beautifully sung. I like the fact that such a choir can present such a song in such a beautiful way. Mind you, most of Radiohead's songs have lovely "tunes" underlying everything else and maybe that's why I like their stuff so much.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2013, 11:22:35 PM »
It is superbly sung, I can't deny it, but I just have this picture of some of their Mummy's looking at each other and saying, "What did my Felicity just say?" in a Hyacinth Bucket type voice.

Next stop, Harrogate Invitation-only Womens Choir sings the Sex Pistols for charity. All together now, "It was on the good ship Venus..."

"Sing up Millicent, this one is for Jodhpurs for Africa !"

;D

Jack

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2013, 01:19:00 AM »
Indeed. I like the song, but I like the juxtaposition more.

Additionally, I like the actual word "juxtaposition" even more.

Also the word "plume".

Plume.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2013, 02:19:16 AM »
I've never tried the juxta position. Call me old fashioned if you like.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2013, 09:34:51 AM »
It is superbly sung, I can't deny it, but I just have this picture of some of their Mummy's looking at each other and saying, "What did my Felicity just say?" in a Hyacinth Bucket type voice.

Next stop, Harrogate Invitation-only Womens Choir sings the Sex Pistols for charity. All together now, "It was on the good ship Venus..."

"Sing up Millicent, this one is for Jodhpurs for Africa !"

;D
;D ;D ;D

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2013, 11:10:36 PM »
I've never tried the juxta position. Call me old fashioned if you like.

It actually derives from Latin, as most poncy words do, and the full word is Juxtaboutinium

Juxtamus...pertaining to two differing entities.

Aboutinium...the area where two differing entities merge.

Your not old fashioned Peeps, you just need to Letin the Latin.    :)

Malc

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2013, 11:28:58 AM »
You know those embarrassing people who take a theme and take it too far at parties, ruining the vibe for everybody? Well I'm one of those.
Here is a college acapella group performing a Dr Dre song in a style performed originally by Ben Folds Five. If that's not too confusing...

Please be aware it contains a lot of earthy "street" language, as you would expect from a song originally written by Dr Dre.

Just to reiterate - VERY bad language. It's possibly my favourite music video on the net.

Bitches Ain't Shit - A Cappella

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2013, 04:43:41 PM »
You know those embarrassing people who take a theme and take it too far at parties, ruining the vibe for everybody? Well I'm one of those.
Here is a college acapella group performing a Dr Dre song in a style performed originally by Ben Folds Five. If that's not too confusing...

Please be aware it contains a lot of earthy "street" language, as you would expect from a song originally written by Dr Dre.

Just to reiterate - VERY bad language. It's possibly my favourite music video on the net.

Bitches Ain't Shit - A Cappella

Do you have a version sung by nuns?

Malc

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2013, 11:31:20 PM »
No, but those young women in the vid were all college students, and therefore virgins. The guys were definitely virgins. I mean, LOOK at them...

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2013, 10:25:15 AM »
Are you happy with the vernacular overall? I think it's a pretty colour.

Malc

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2013, 11:26:07 AM »
When it comes to overall colour, you can't go wrong with the classic Casey Jones stripe. And the hat.