Author Topic: Ethnic Cooking  (Read 1664 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

Ethnic Cooking
« on: February 08, 2015, 02:30:04 AM »
Turns out that here in the new world, I am considered ethnic.  :)

Our town recreation department has put on an international cooking course for adults in the evenings. There are six classes: Ukrainian, South African, Indian, Native Canadian, Filipino and me who is representing the UK - they basically rounded up anyone with an accent and shoved us in a pinny. I shall be doing a little something from Scotland and Wales on my turn.

I have always fancied myself as a TV cooking show host, so this is pretty cool for me  8)
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: Ethnic Cooking
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 09:34:03 AM »
Diane, according to my computer, you're online at the moment. That means it's around 2.30 a.m. in your neck of the woods. Are you working on recipes? Go to bed, woman!

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 07:10:41 PM »
Mince and totties. All mixed in with some HP brown sauce (bought in a Welsh supermarket).

;D

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 12:53:59 AM »
No that's not it, I am last to go on the program so get to splurge on the town's budget.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 07:11:31 PM »
Mince is expensive. It's getting more of a treat than a staple.

Splurge on mince.