Author Topic: Movies at the cinema  (Read 226 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

Movies at the cinema
« on: February 23, 2024, 05:31:18 PM »
We haven't been out to the cinema in years, but the Bob Marley movie got me over to the city. It's the #1 movie in Canada.

Pretty brilliant movie. I shall be doing household chores to his CDs for weeks :-)

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Re: Movies at the cinema
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2024, 12:52:29 AM »
We haven't been out to the cinema in years, but the Bob Marley movie got me over to the city. It's the #1 movie in Canada.

Pretty brilliant movie. I shall be doing household chores to his CDs for weeks :-)

He's even in The Muppets' Christmas Carol.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2024, 03:12:25 PM »
Best Christmas movie EVER!
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2024, 08:30:55 PM »
Agreed! Even if they did cut the best song from the movie.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 08:35:12 PM by Tarquin Thunderthighs lll »
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2024, 01:47:03 PM »
More on movies!

My son had an early dentist appointment in the city (about 5 hours drive each way) so I suggested I go with him and we go a day early and we make a mini holiday of the trip. We both got to experience a 4DX movie for the first time - boy was that a lot of laughs, popcorn flying everywhere, I thought I might get tipped out the chair facing down the mouth hole of the giant worm in Dune2

Not sure it's the best way to view a movie, but the IMAX had finished showing Dune the day before we got there, but it certainly was a life experience.

It's funny after not going to the cinema for years to see two close together :-)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2024, 10:00:34 AM »
The last time I went to the cinema was....a VERY long time ago. My mother had come to visit and wanted to see the movie Crocodile Dundee so off we went to see it. I can't be bothered to check when it was first released but that was the last time I set foot in a cinema. Luckily, I'm not a fan of popcorn so it's no great loss.