Author Topic: Remember, it's ALWAYS Andrew's fault (No. 173)  (Read 8767 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: Remember, it's ALWAYS Andrew's fault (No. 173)
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2016, 10:07:37 AM »
I knew most of that, Roger, but had no idea you were a semi pro, even briefly. Who was that for? Or are you referring to the time you forgot your wallet after the five-a-sides, and we had to have a whip round in the pub?
Steve, when I first came to Dundee, after leaving school, I signed for Dundee North End. I played a couple of pre-season games, got injured and was farmed out to another side (Maryfield) to get my fitness back. Not long after that, my father died and I headed back up to the Highlands to help in the family business. So that was the end of my brief semi-pro career but, if I'm honest, it was a level above my ability. I was a decent amateur, nothing more, and my ankle problems meant that I had to give up playing on a weekly basis. And that, as they say, was that.
I did enjoy those five-a-sides, though. There's nothing like being kicked up in the air by several snorting sub-editors from The Beano, desperate to get to the pub!

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2016, 10:14:41 AM »

By the way, I'm also a demon at cribbage....

In your dreams.   If I find a multiplayer cribbage site [that doesn't require me to surrender my first born) I'll be glad to show you the error of your ways, you just bring the dice...
The dice? Is this some form of perverted Manx cribbage?

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2016, 10:24:25 AM »
I was a decent amateur, nothing more, and my ankle problems meant that I had to give up playing on a weekly basis.

That must have been quite tiring having to give up every week.

Redundant

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2016, 10:53:23 AM »

The dice? Is this some form of perverted Manx cribbage?

Nope, but it could be if you play your cards right - [on topic humour, I'm just so gifted], that was me doing a Dennis impression.

That must have been quite tiring having to give up every week.

Awesome catch Mince, simply awesome.

Online Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2016, 01:09:17 PM »
There's nothing like being kicked up in the air by several snorting sub-editors from The Beano, desperate to get to the pub!

That's a bit harsh, Roger. They were just enjoying kicking you, I'm sure. Did I tell you I met up with the two Bills (McLoughlin and Graham) at Mo's retiral do in November last year? Not that there's any connection...  ;D
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2016, 06:15:03 PM »
 ;D