Author Topic: Nomad narcosis ... "she wiggles her bottom".  (Read 11923 times)

Dung Beadle

Nomad narcosis ... "she wiggles her bottom".
« on: March 25, 2016, 12:46:07 AM »
I'm hoping to track down two specific and memorable but elusive cartoon strips (one is Beau Peep, the other is Horace).

I recently purchased on ebay issues 2-19 of Beau Peep, I browsed through issues 12-19 and also issues 1-11 online and have not yet managed to locate the particular Beau Peep strip that I recollect seeing in the Daily Star.

If my memory serves me well, the Nomad is working on how to articulate an aesthetic, sensual scene and put it into words for the actor to follow, he ends up translating the sacred into the profane and writes something like "she wiggles her bottom".

Any assistance in helping me track down this specific strip would be much appreciated.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: Nomad narcosis ... "she wiggles her bottom".
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 09:18:47 AM »
Sounds like the kind of filth I'd write but I have no recollection of it, I'm afraid.

Rob Baker

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 03:19:45 PM »
Is this the one Dung Beadle? It's from October 2004.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 04:46:35 PM »
Aren't you glad we have the brilliantly knowledgeable Captain Archive Baker here to offset the mental vacuum that is Private Goldfish Kettle?

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 08:02:07 PM »
Aren't you glad we have the brilliantly knowledgeable Captain Archive Baker here to offset the mental vacuum that is Private Goldfish Kettle?
I had a veal steak and a tin of butter beans for dinner tonight.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 08:09:24 PM »

Full marks for the butter beans! The veal steak, well, not so good.

Dung Beadle

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 12:04:05 AM »
A thousand blessings upon you Rob! ... for retrieving this elusive pearl.
Each synergistic panel contains the key, relevant elements that I remembered
1) Nomad leaning against the rock, contemplating the literary project.
2) The yearning intention to poetically articulate the high aesthetics of a sensual scene.
3) The crude rendering into tangible written form.

It ticks all the boxes so it's highly likely (99.9%) that this is the one that I originally saw and remembered ... unless it belongs to a mini-series and is one of several variations on a theme (akin to the bottom scratching Bear in "A Man called Horace").

Rob Baker

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 01:37:44 PM »
A thousand blessings upon you Rob! ... for retrieving this elusive pearl.
Each synergistic panel contains the key, relevant elements that I remembered
1) Nomad leaning against the rock, contemplating the literary project.
2) The yearning intention to poetically articulate the high aesthetics of a sensual scene.
3) The crude rendering into tangible written form.

It ticks all the boxes so it's highly likely (99.9%) that this is the one that I originally saw and remembered ... unless it belongs to a mini-series and is one of several variations on a theme (akin to the bottom scratching Bear in "A Man called Horace").

You seem very well-read Dung, so it'll be nice to read some coherent ramblings on here for a change.    But hopefully not all about bottoms  ;D.

Redundant

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 02:17:55 PM »

You seem very well-read Dung, so it'll be nice to read some coherent ramblings on here for a change.    But hopefully not all about bottoms  ;D.

Incoherent ramblings are easier, ask any banana.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2016, 08:48:22 PM »

Full marks for the butter beans! The veal steak, well, not so good.
I am surprised to learn that my use of tinned vegetables hasn't upset you. Given your recent posts, I had assumed that butter beans should only be eaten fresh, organically grown and hand-picked by eunuchs under moonlight.
Anyway, I have now decided that, from time to time, I will announce on here the ingredients of my evening meal. All you have to do is tell me how long I have to live. This is fun!
Tonight, I had...
Cold, skinless chicken thighs from Tesco's. (They were raw when I bought them. I cooked them myself yesterday---I'm no slouch in the kitchen).
Warm potato salad with raw chopped onion through it. (I cooked the potatoes myself---I'm no slouch in the kitchen). The mayonnaise involved was, I confess, shop bought.
Um...and a generous glass of red wine.
Okay, I'm taking the mickey (gently) here, Mincey, but I'd be genuinely interested in what your average evening meal is. Honest!

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2016, 10:54:19 PM »
Plants are good: fresh or frozen, tinned or whole, organic or not. They are much healthier than meat, have none of meat's side effects (such as cancer, heart disease, in fact every one of the top fifteen leading causing of death), and have many benefits (in some cases preventing and even reversing some illnesses). Beans (and all legumes) are very good for you.

The mayonnaise (if it has egg) and the chicken, as I said, not so good.

Red wine apparently is good for those determined to fill their bodies with rubbish; otherwise, not so good, but not as bad as meat or dairy.

As for having everything picked by eunuchs - whatever floats your boat. They'll probably know more about your health than a paltry couple of hundred thousand double blind studies on millions of people.

Did that help? :)

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2016, 12:01:24 AM »
Answer the man!!

What do you eat/drink during this health kick?

Hydrogen free water? Potato free spuds? Pasta Carbonurnae?

The nation requires an answer.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2016, 12:02:24 AM »
Plants are good: fresh or frozen, tinned or whole, organic or not. They are much healthier than meat, have none of meat's side effects (such as cancer, heart disease, in fact every one of the top fifteen leading causing of death), and have many benefits (in some cases preventing and even reversing some illnesses). Beans (and all legumes) are very good for you.

The mayonnaise (if it has egg) and the chicken, as I said, not so good.

Red wine apparently is good for those determined to fill their bodies with rubbish; otherwise, not so good, but not as bad as meat or dairy.

As for having everything picked by eunuchs - whatever floats your boat. They'll probably know more about your health than a paltry couple of hundred thousand double blind studies on millions of people.

Did that help? :)

This from the man whom, only a few weeks ago, I witnessed scoffing not one, but a BRACE of large barbecue chicken pizzas within the space of a short afternoon... with desert shovelled in between.

We shall see how long it takes to revert to type. Place yer bets, folks....
I apologise, in advance.

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2016, 12:06:05 AM »
The nation has answered.

This mince is taking the pizza.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2016, 12:17:47 AM »
What do you eat/drink during this health kick?

Well, today at home we had olives and bread as an appetizer, vegetable samosas, onion bhaji and spring rolls for a starter, vegetable curry for main and . . . well, we had no space left for the dairy-free ice cream.

This from the man whom, only a few weeks ago, I witnessed scoffing not one, but a BRACE of large barbecue chicken pizzas within the space of a short afternoon... with desert shovelled in between.

This was before I read the book. And for the record, I have never eaten sand.

We shall see how long it takes to revert to type. Place yer bets, folks....

My problem at the moment is not meat, fish, eggs or dairy. The mere thought of the rubbish in each of them puts me off entirely: I can't and don't eat chocolate (almost all of which contains milk), most sweets (beef gelatin), quorn (egg and milk), pesto, creamy soups, malt loaves, and much more that I used to enjoy. My 'butter', cheese, yoghurt, mayonnaise and chocolate is now dairy free.

My problem at the moment is the biscuits that I can eat (ginger nuts, bourbons, hobnobs, pink wafers), nuts and all the dairy-free yoghurts. But I do eat lots of vegetables.