Author Topic: Kids  (Read 4223 times)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Kids
« on: September 04, 2007, 09:39:51 AM »
Roger, what was it like for your kids to have a father who wrote comic strips? When asked by the teacher to write what their father did for a living, did they lie? Were they bullied at school for having a famous father?

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: Kids
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 10:42:47 AM »
While we wait for Roger to stir, my own experience was that my daughters would often ask me to draw quick sketches for their pals at school. I was always happy to oblige, pleased at the thought of the extra kudos these offerings might gain them. It was years later that I found out they were selling them. That's my girls!

My own father was a child psychologist. I told my mates he was a policeman.
I apologise, in advance.

Online Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 01:50:33 PM »
Well, firstly, I'm not famous. I've never been on T.V. and that's what constitutes fame these days. I'm certainly glad that I'm not famous----I've been in the company of people who are and it looks hard going to me. I must admit they handle it well but I wouldn't like to spend my life being constantly approached by strangers.
My kids have never bothered with what I do and certainly have never had problems because of it.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 02:15:20 PM »
Well, firstly, I'm not famous. I've never been on T.V. and that's what constitutes fame these days.

I'm going to suggest you to the "I'm a Celebrity, Let Me Out of Here" team. They always have mildly famous people on that. I'm sure you'd enjoy it, Roger.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Online Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 02:23:01 PM »
Oh, Lord, I can think of nothing worse. Oh, hang on. "Big Brother"----I can barely type those words without punching my computer screen.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 02:25:36 PM »
Oh, Lord, I can think of nothing worse. Oh, hang on. "Big Brother"----I can barely type those words without punching my computer screen.

You mean the monitor?
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

peter

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 06:12:12 PM »

You mean the monitor?

I thought you were the monitor on this board.

I told you I would be WATCHING

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 10:21:55 PM »
I would think it would be pretty amazing to have Roger Kettle for your father. Just think of the funny notes he could send in to the teachers for you.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad