Author Topic: Christmas Competition Winner.  (Read 11849 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Christmas Competition Winner.
« on: December 05, 2006, 06:29:45 PM »
With all the excitement of this spiffing new board, I forgot all about the Christmas competition. The fact that we had roughly one and a half entries didn't help. Anyway, looks like Diane has won. I seem to remember she launched herself into it once again.(This was on the previous board so I can't actually check. Maybe I can. I can't be bothered.) DIANE WINS!
The slight snag now is that I don't think Diane has registered for the new board yet so I'll give her a couple of days and, if she doesn't show up, I'll email her.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Re: Christmas Competition Winner.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 06:35:37 PM »
If she wants me to register her and set up the account, just ask.

Colin

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 07:34:19 PM »
What was the competition?
When was this?
How come I didn't win?
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 07:47:13 PM »
(This was on the previous board so I can't actually check. Maybe I can.

Here's a link to the old thread, Roger: http://p2.forumforfree.com/christmas-competition-vt174-beaupeep.html
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Malky McGookin

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 09:33:36 PM »
Call that a winning entry? Who was the judge, Helen Keller?
Didn't you even SEE my stuff you incompetent gits? I'm sick to the back teeth of being ignored by people who obviously have some kind of bias towards me, and take a twisted delight in passing me over for honours, awards and the like. It's the last time I enter one of your stupid competitions.

Oh, and congratulations to all who took part.

Tom

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 03:18:34 AM »
Call that a winning entry? Who was the judge, Helen Keller?
Didn't you even SEE my stuff you incompetent gits? I'm sick to the back teeth of being ignored by people who obviously have some kind of bias towards me, and take a twisted delight in passing me over for honours, awards and the like. It's the last time I enter one of your stupid competitions.

Oh, and congratulations to all who took part.

Well done Diane... it looks like the competition was fierce - but you beat them all!

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 09:59:17 AM »
I'll talk about this later as I have to go off and play golf just now. I mean go to a very important business meeting. Not golf. Certainly..um..not golf.

Malky McGookin

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 03:19:27 PM »
When I said "bias towards me", of course I meant "bias AGAINST me..."

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 06:38:17 PM »
I noticed that, Malky, but was too much of a gentleman to point it out. Tell you what, since you took losing so well, email me with your postal address and I'll send you a consolation prize.
Had a beer with the other Malky (McCormick) the other week. His son is still suffering badly from that horrific, unprovoked attack on him nearly three years ago.(The assailants have done their time and are back on the streets.) His wife, Ann, has finally been given the all-clear after months of worry regarding a scan. Malky himself is on crutches following an operation on arthritic ankles. Ask him how he's doing...
"Hunky Dory!"
An amazing wee guy and a brilliant caricaturist/cartoonist.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 06:53:24 PM »
Okay, I'm lost. Was Malky McGookin being sarcastic or not?

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2006, 07:09:46 PM »
If I kick up a fuss, do I get a consolation prize as well? I mean, besides the used, cracked mug you're already sending me as payment for this web site.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2006, 07:16:05 PM »
You haven't sent me your address yet, Mincey! (Also, Roger hasn't said whether it's OK to let you have one). They're going fast, and Xmas is almost here, and they make ideal Xmas gifts...

Malcolm McGookin is extremely big down under, he'll have us believe. That's the reason he has so much influence on cartoon-related forums, and why Roger is nice to him.  ;)

Roger, your story about the other Malky is an example to us. I hope life gets better for him soon.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2006, 07:32:44 PM »
Let me get this right. Are you saying that Roger can't even part with a used, cracked mug? This deal is getting worse and worse. Is he going to wash it first before sending it to me?

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2006, 10:18:45 PM »
For Goodness Sake, Nige, send the man a mug. And, Mince, send me your postal address...I have a bill for you.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2006, 10:30:20 PM »
What's the bill for? Washing the cup?