Author Topic: Terracotta Army  (Read 18131 times)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Re: Terracotta Army
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2007, 08:17:38 PM »
I've a feeling Roger can't actually see the cartoon in question for some technical reason beyond me.

It's more likely some technical reason beyond Roger.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2007, 08:18:29 PM »
That's the gag I saw but it's neither by Matt or about the terracotta army. Me confused.

And I know that "or" was a typo, before you end up in the soup with Mince (see what I did there?).
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2007, 08:23:01 PM »
And I know that "or" was a typo, before you end up in the soup with Mince (see what I did there?).

Why does everyone think of me as a grammar curmudgeon?

By the way, Tarquin, that should have ended: ... in the soup with Mince. (See what I did there?)

Vulture

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2007, 08:23:32 PM »
That's the gag I saw but it's neither by Matt or about the terracotta army. Me confused.

(see what I did there?).

No  ???

Vulture

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2007, 08:25:25 PM »

Why does everyone think of me as a grammar curmudgeon?

By the way, Tarquin, that should have ended: ... in the soup with Mince. (See what I did there?)

Because you are a curmudgeon, grammatically or otherwise!

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2007, 08:31:44 PM »

TTTHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPP!!!

No  ???

In the soup with Mince...mince soup..."or" typo...nor...nor mince soup...play on words with misspelling thrown in...Peter will get it.

I've lost the will to live.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 08:34:32 PM by Tarquin Thunderthighs lll »
I apologise, in advance.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2007, 08:34:25 PM »
Roger - there should be TWO gags appear on that page. I'm concerned if you're not seeing them both!

I need to ask people with PC's whether the Google strip of adverts shows on the front page too. My version of Internet Explorer doesn't show them for some reason, but it's an old version. They stopped updating it for Macs a few years ago when Apple brought out their own integrated Safari browser. I prefer Firefox by the way. The Google ads show in both those browsers.

The second cartoon, which Roger cannot see, is from a Google widget, so it maybe is that I.E. won't show anything from Google.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2007, 08:37:09 PM »
I have the 1995 issue of the National Geographic, that shows the terra-cotta army, in my bathroom in the magazine stack. Small world eh?

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2007, 08:40:58 PM »
I checked again, Nige, but nope----I can only see the rhino gag. I'm wearing slippers. Could this be affecting my Google widget?

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2007, 08:41:42 PM »

I need to ask people with PC's whether the Google strip of adverts shows on the front page too. My version of Internet Explorer doesn't show them for some reason, but it's an old version. They stopped updating it for Macs a few years ago when Apple brought out their own integrated Safari browser. I prefer Firefox by the way. The Google ads show in both those browsers.

The second cartoon, which Roger cannot see, is from a Google widget, so it maybe is that I.E. won't show anything from Google.

Peepsie, I'm using Firefox on my laptop, and I also have IE 6.0 as a back up (and on the few occasions I've used it in the past year, it really has got my back up...see what I did th--- never mind). The Google ads appear in both.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2007, 08:42:09 PM »
I have the 1995 issue of the National Geographic, that shows the terra-cotta army, in my bathroom in the magazine stack. Small world eh?

It must be a small world if your bathroom is in the magazine stack.

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2007, 08:45:11 PM »
I checked again, Nige, but nope----I can only see the rhino gag. I'm wearing slippers. Could this be affecting my Google widget?

Are they tartan slippers, Roger - that's crucial? Also, do you have stick-it memos covering large parts of your screen?

It must be a small world if your bathroom is in the magazine stack.

You're relentless and unforgiving, Mincey. That isn't intended as a compliment, though no doubt you'll take it as one.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2007, 08:46:08 PM »
I'm amazed the terracotta army was (a) in her bathroom, and (b) there was a picture of it in a magazine.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2007, 08:46:59 PM »
You're relentless and unforgiving, Mincey.

Yes, I must admit that I am feeling generous today.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2007, 08:48:55 PM »
I'm amazed the terracotta army was (a) in her bathroom, and (b) there was a picture of it in a magazine.

I would have done that gag if she had not used parenthetic commas. Notice that, unlike Peepmaster, I do show some restraint.