Author Topic: End of the world.  (Read 1634 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

End of the world.
« on: August 18, 2018, 12:14:43 AM »
We have been having a lot of smoke in Alberta for more than a week, which has wafted over the Rockies from the B.C. fires. Well today around noon, it got dark, then it got darker, then it got even darker and the squirrels acted nuts, then it got SO dark it seemed like nighttime. It could quite easily have been the end of the world. So I put up a photo on facebook and said how much I liked everyone, even the ones I don't care that much about, but at times like this one doesn't wan't to be petty, plus who has the time to make up lists with the sky darkening by the minute, and turned on the Netflix and watched Liam Neeson on a train doing something very similar to what he did on a airplane a few years ago, put my feet up and enjoyed a bowl of rhubarb (from my garden) crumble.

It turns out the world did not end (this time) but at least I know that I do have excellent end-of-the-world plans should this come up again.

Do you have end-of-the-world plans? 

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: End of the world.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 12:55:05 AM »
Not that I'll ever achieve without some fairly improbable mutual consent, Diane.

But the rhubarb crumble sounds fab!
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 01:13:06 AM »
Not that I'll ever achieve without some fairly improbable mutual consent, Diane.

But the rhubarb crumble sounds fab!

You never know though eh, what with it being the end of the world and all what someone might consent to. Course that would be less rhubarb crumble available if you had to share. 
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 08:13:02 AM »
I missed this topic somehow. But I put together end-of-the-world plans that I actually had to use last week, late at night, when my wife and I were startled by a huge bang in my back garden and a flash that lit up the front room through the crack in the curtains. Immediately after that, something slammed into the patio doors. Ironically, at the time, my wife and I had been watching The Day After Tomorrow, so we had only the side lights on, but even so we could see nothing immediately outside. And we were just coming up to the loud part in the film where a huge tidal wave floods through New York, and eating homemade cookies, which as always resulted in crumbs on the sofa. I often think we should wear bibs, or better still eat in the kitchen, but then we'd have to move the television into the kitchen as well, and if you just knew how many wires that involves, what with the amplifier and the media centre, you'd realise that it's just easier to vacuum afterwards. Either that or we could just eat something without crumbs. But then you can't beat homemade cookies.

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 03:54:57 PM »
Okay, I can't bear it. I have to ask. Were there chocolate chips in the cookies?
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 09:00:54 AM »
There were no chocolate chips in the cookie at all. Some bastard had crept into the house while we were watching The Day After Tomorrow, stolen our stash, and detonated it in the back garden. It took us ages to get it all off the glass of the patio doors.

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 11:48:04 AM »
Sh*t! The perfect storm!
I apologise, in advance.