Author Topic: The silence is broken!  (Read 2490 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
The silence is broken!
« on: January 30, 2019, 07:55:48 PM »
Er...not much to say, really. I just thought I'd break the spooky silence. Um...let's see...I played golf today in glorious sunshine. The trouble was that the temperature never got above freezing and the ball was bouncing all over the place on frozen fairways. What's the weather like in Alberta, Diane? I noticed that the temperature in North Dakota was minus 37 so I can't imagine it was any warmer North of the border in Alberta. What else happened? Oh, I had some blueberries for breakfast. I like blueberries. I had some cabbage for tea. I like cabbage.

Er...that's it.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: The silence is broken!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 08:10:30 PM »
Fascinating, Rog! Do tell more about your day's meals!

Offline Max

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 08:15:40 PM »
Beats my day so far Rog.  :(

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 08:16:54 PM »
Nothing much more to add, I'm afraid. I didn't have any lunch because I was playing golf. Although I think I forgot to mention that, along with blueberries, I had two poached eggs on toast for breakfast. I like poached eggs.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 10:07:52 PM »
I went to a home cleaning products sales party at a friend's house last night - today I was cleaning the floor around the washer and dryer, stove etc with an old toothbrush - I feel I have not been keeping up standards. I could see how these tidy ladies could easily turn into a cult - you should have heard their group intake of breath when I mentioned that I bought a new Swiffer just before xmas. Oh, the chemicals!

Been a mild winter here - we did have RAIN and a storm the other night that blew over our propane BBQ - it is in a cover. I picked it up and put it back on it's wheels. I told my daughter that I didn't pick up the cover to see if the knobs were broken or not - she said I have Schrödinger BBQ - I guess college is paying off.

After a year off, I am back trying to get some family photography business.

The adorable Japanese Marie Kondo has made her way to my neck of the woods through Netflix and Facebook - I am getting rid of things that don't "spark joy" and nicely folding and storing the things that do - this will be a year long project I think.

Moose have been here lots this winter.

This is Diane reporting from the C.B.P.F.C. 
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2019, 10:10:19 PM »
I forgot to mention that I also love cabbage :-)
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019, 09:31:32 AM »
Great-looking moose. Pity your barbecue's broken....

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2019, 01:30:53 PM »

I also love cabbage. I read somewhere this week that you can slice it into "steaks", drizzle with oil, and bake it. I believe that can be done with cauliflower too. Haven't tried it myself - yet...
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2019, 03:43:41 PM »
I see on Pintrest etc that a person can make a cauliflower into a Easter lamb with celery for feet and a mushroom for its face - handy if you have vegetarians coming for Easter.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2019, 03:56:11 PM »
My word - my post is out of date. February broke a 40 year record for cold temperatures. It was very cold for a very long time. (Frozen)

But I kept on cleaning and Marie Kondoing (Let it go!) and also am in the very slow process of getting a new bathtub put in (dear hubby doing it himself) - turned into a huge job which has really made a big mess in the bathroom, the upstairs hall, the stairs, the living room, the kitchen hall and the guest bathroom - stuff everywhere! I can't keep up with my new cleaning paste! I suggested that it would be nice to have the light fixture lined up central with the sink this time instead of 8" to the right - little did I know that meant pulling the wall down and delaying the job a week.

I am making strides with my photography - I have a lady and her little girls and her real bunny coming this afternoon to be models for me for an Easter special, and tomorrow have one of my daughter's friend coming in her prom dress. Both are to help me make up packages to offer people. My daughter enlisted her boyfriend for an example of a couples session - I have that on FB or my  if anyone is interested. I won't get too off topic posting it here.

Incidentally, I bought a magnificent cabbage for my bunny photo shoot.  Probably the prettiest cabbage you ever saw.   

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2019, 06:47:53 PM »

I also love cabbage. I read somewhere this week that you can slice it into "steaks", drizzle with oil, and bake it. I believe that can be done with cauliflower too. Haven't tried it myself - yet...
Nige, you're back! I expect you've been too busy celebrating Wolves' results!

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2019, 06:52:07 PM »
Diane, I get exhausted every time you let us know what you're up to.
I changed the batteries in the TV remote today. I lay down for an hour afterwards.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2019, 12:17:38 PM »

Nige, you're back! I expect you've been too busy celebrating Wolves' results!

Yes - I got tied up in all kinds of other things and time just passes fast... You've noticed the huge upturn in Wolves performances, position in the league pyramid, and general standing. Probably the best football I've seen from the side in my lifetime. We have to thank our new Chinese owners who are ambitious.

I've also been keeping an eye on Dundee United, by the way.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟