Author Topic: Don't get into a pillow fight with Death!  (Read 2465 times)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Don't get into a pillow fight with Death!
« on: April 06, 2019, 12:52:28 PM »
Or you'll have to face the reaper cushions.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: Don't get into a pillow fight with Death!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 05:45:08 PM »
Grim.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 05:49:21 PM »
You love your double meanings.

I saw a book on holiday called Mother of Pearl. I knew the person who wrote it thought of the title before the plot.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 05:02:08 AM »
There was a joke about sleeping on corduroy but I can't remember it. I can't even remember if it was funny.

I can't click on Outpourings from the main page or the link here above this post - some sort of glitch because I can click on the other two forums, I was only able to click on this link as it was shown on the side.

Not that it matters, it could be days before i remember the corduroy joke.

I had wanted to start a thread about Britbox - old and new TV and movies from the UK available to us in Canada - I am watching bits of all sorts of things that I have heard about but never seen before.  You guys have some good TV

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 05:03:23 AM »
Oh the glitch is sorted now :-)

That was fast work Mince  (y)
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 03:59:01 PM »
Any time you want me to do solve any other problems without actually lifting a finger, just go right ahead and pretend I am doing something.

So what British shows do you enjoy?

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2019, 08:10:37 PM »
There are some British shows that I have known and loved and already had access to: Peaky Blinders, Call the Midwife, The Detectorists, Vera, Durrells in Corfu etc

But Britbox has been good for finally getting to see bits of shows that I had heard about but never saw such as A Touch of Frost and Prime Suspect and one my auntie said was her favourite show Taggart.  Some are quite old. I watched a show just because it was filmed in Liverpool called Good Cop. It is all UK TV with no commercials and even current TV shows shown the next day, and at $9 CND a month quite a bargain. But then there is another similar service called Acorn TV that has British and international shows at $6.50 a month. Then there is Google, Amazon Prime, Crave etc all offering commercial free shows at a fraction of the cost of satellite and cable TV - I only keep the satellite TV because my husband is computer illiterate and likes his basketball shows.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2019, 08:12:50 PM »
I just realised that we don't watch any Brit TV, mostly because without a stupid TV licence, we don't get to see any of it.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2019, 08:44:37 PM »
You can always order in DVD series through the library to see if you like them. I did that with season 1 of Vikings. I kinda want to know what happens next but it was so gruesome that I may have to wait 6 months to continue.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2019, 08:58:54 PM »
Not having a DVD player makes that difficult.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2019, 06:56:33 PM »
you will have to use your imagination or the CD compartment of your cpu

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2019, 07:02:35 PM »
Or both.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2019, 08:07:42 PM »
Over the last couple of years, there has been an upsurge in British TV drama and a lot of it has been excellent. I've never been a huge fan of the period stuff and, until recently, that seemed to be the only genre the TV companies were interested in. Really glad to see that they've started to produce some quality, contemporary work.