Beau Peep Notice Board > Outpourings

Useless information.

(1/3) > >>

Roger Kettle:
Recently, a friend of mine told me he was going to Louisiana for a wedding. I immediately asked if it was in Baton Rouge, the State capital. Why did I know this? Why did my brain decide that this useless piece of information was worth retaining? Why do I know that there is a shark called the cookie-cutter? Why do I know that the poet, Samuel Taylor Coleridge, was born in 1772 and died in 1834? I'm also pretty sure that William Wordsworth was born in 1770 and died in 1850. I haven't checked any of this so maybe I'm wrong but I doubt it. I know for certain that George Armstrong Custer was nicknamed "Autie" by his family and was killed on the 25th of June, 1876 on a Montana hillside. I know that the song "Play That Funky Music" was by Wild Cherry. I know that John Wayne's real name was Marion Michael Morrison.

All this stuff is ABSOLUTELY useless. Does anyone know of a brain-cleaning valet service?

Diane CBPFC:
Game shows and pub quizzes!

Tarquin Thunderthighs lll:
All I know is I wish you hadn’t started this, Roger, because any minute now, Mince is about to unleash all of the useless stuff he knows. You ain’t seen nuthin’ yet (which, incidentally reached Number 2 in the UK charts in 1974 for Bachman-Turner Overdrive)!

Mince:
Okay, let's do this.

If the Andromeda galaxy were brighter, it would look, right now, like this in the night sky, with the moon as comparison.

Roger Kettle:
I'm always wary when you post something like this. Is there some kind of hidden message in it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version