Author Topic: Happy Christmas  (Read 5343 times)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Happy Christmas
« on: December 09, 2019, 10:54:55 AM »
Happy Christmas to everyone. I have Roger's present ready: a watch that tells him his current position on his golf course and the calories he is burning. It just displays the words LOST and NONE on the screen.

As for Tarks, I have decided on some crayons and a colouring book. I think it's time for him to flex those artistic muscles.

For Diane, I'm considering a Moose saddle.

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: Happy Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 07:18:19 PM »
If you do decide to get me a moose saddle, may I be cheeky and also ask for a stepladder - those guys are so tall - all legs.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 07:28:18 PM »
We don't usually host xmas but it turns out that this year we are - and of course it is not just a meal but putting people up for 2 or 3 nights - there will be at least 7 maybe 9, possibly 15 people coming (all in-laws) - I have beds for 5 and that is only because my daughter is having a gap year in New Zealand and her room is free. So I have cleaning, decorating, baking, shopping, wrapping and dog baths to do this week and we just got 4" of new snow this morning that I had to shovel but am I panicking? No, just crying a little bit. 
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 07:45:54 PM »
This is us every Christmas. We seem to have the amazing idea, usually around the end of November, of decorating a certain room of the house. This year it's the kitchen.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 12:34:42 AM »
Oh I meant xmas decorating - hanging those ding dongs merrily on high and putting up a tree sort of thing - however I spent last week painting our bedroom which is hard to do when you have no room to take the furniture out but slide it around like a puzzle and paint the wall that is then exposed.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2019, 11:03:40 AM »
Do you have a real tree or an artificial one?

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2019, 12:00:01 PM »
Do you have a real tree or an artificial one?

Both - but not sure if we will go out and get a real tree this year - normally my daughter is the one who likes to do that but she's not around with her ax this year. I have a couple of table top ones that I won in past years at the festival of trees (charity that you bid on) so I may just go with them.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2019, 01:16:28 PM »
We don't usually host xmas but it turns out that this year we are - and of course it is not just a meal but putting people up for 2 or 3 nights - there will be at least 7 maybe 9, possibly 15 people coming (all in-laws) - I have beds for 5 and that is only because my daughter is having a gap year in New Zealand and her room is free. So I have cleaning, decorating, baking, shopping, wrapping and dog baths to do this week and we just got 4" of new snow this morning that I had to shovel but am I panicking? No, just crying a little bit.

If it gets too much, Diane, just spare a thought for me...all alone at Christmas, just me and no-one else to share it with. Can't wait! It's going to be brilliant!  ;D
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2019, 05:41:12 PM »
Repeat after me: humbug!

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2019, 11:08:30 PM »

If it gets too much, Diane, just spare a thought for me...all alone at Christmas, just me and no-one else to share it with. Can't wait! It's going to be brilliant!  ;D

You lucky git.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2019, 02:48:16 PM »
As usual, my house will be filled with supermodels and A-list celebrities. Damned annoying.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2019, 12:25:48 AM »
Well at least you don't have to prepare grub for the supermodels.

We had about 13-14" of new fluffy snow this week - looks like a picture postcard.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2019, 04:25:17 AM »
AND - my in-laws cancelled their visit. I got the house mostly clean and put a lot of effort into putting up decorations but hadn't yet done the big grocery shop so that worked out.

So that is our plans changed to sitting around watching movies in our jammies with just our two boys staying (grown men now) perhaps playing some board games and outside time shooting targets. 

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2019, 08:48:16 AM »
AND - my in-laws cancelled their visit. I got the house mostly clean and put a lot of effort into putting up decorations but hadn't yet done the big grocery shop so that worked out.

Invite them next year and then go on holiday.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2019, 04:00:18 PM »

So that is our plans changed to sitting around watching movies in our jammies with just our two boys staying (grown men now) perhaps playing some board games and outside time shooting targets.

Good going, Diane! 15 down, only three to go.  (y)
I apologise, in advance.