Author Topic: Happy New Year!  (Read 2174 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Happy New Year!
« on: January 01, 2020, 11:12:27 AM »
I wish you all a happy and healthy 2020. In all honesty, I can't claim that there is a great deal of sanity on this site but, should you feel the need to escape the madness of the REAL world, please look in!
Have a great year.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Re: Happy New Year!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 03:16:59 PM »
Happy New Year to everyone!

I have had a cold or flu for the entirety of Christmas and now am close to pulling the muscles in my back with all the sedentary Christmas habits and coughing. Bloody Christmas! The Garmin sports watch my wife bought me for Christmas is having trouble deciding whether my status ought to be "hobbling" or "shuffling".

I'm currently looking forward to Betelgeuse going supernova to cheer me up, though odds are that despite its sudden dimming it's in better shape than I am.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 04:53:30 PM »
I hope you washed your hands before typing on here.
Get well soon.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2020, 05:19:20 PM »
This is still my place of sanity Roger - the world is mad.

Sounds like you have been a tad under the weather Mince.

2020 - whoever would have thought we would have made it to here - 20 years ago we thought the planet would explode at midnight.

I bought myself a 28 year-old class B (small) campervan last year and this year I plan to take even more solo trips in it. I already did amazing trips with it in the short time I had it last summer - Rocky Mountains - the whole range from Banff to Jasper (and a short trip to Golden B.C. but that won't happen this year as I now have a data plan on my phone and can now do the maps thing). I also visited my relatives in the city and took in botanical gardens - my favourite thing to do. So that is what I am doing this winter - thinking of new places I could visit once the world is no longer frozen up.   
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2020, 11:19:34 AM »
So that is what I am doing this winter - thinking of new places I could visit once the world is no longer frozen up.

How about Scotland for the annual meeting of the BPMWB (Beau-Peep-Mug-Wielding Brigade), which currently carry on the duties of the now defunct Darstardly Devilish Deep Dung Depositing Division? If you can bring your campervan with you, we could upgrade the meeting hall.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2020, 01:01:38 PM »
Who needs sanity? Only a madman would crave it.

Happy New Year, all. This being my eighth decade on Planet Earth, I'm hoping for good things. Peace on Earth, an end to Global Warming, and lots of massive buffoons to draw in places of high power for the next ten years. One out of three will do.

Like some others, I ended the year, and continue to be, engaged in under-the-weatherness. Unlike some, though, I know that if you have trouble differentiating your self-diagnosis as cold or flu, it's definitely not the latter!. I empathise, but hope you get a full refund on the 'sports watch', which obviously has no sense of irony.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 07:50:03 PM »
I nearly got a sports watch for you for Christmas, but could not find one with a laughter track.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2020, 11:09:24 PM »
 ;D
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2020, 04:44:40 AM »
So that is what I am doing this winter - thinking of new places I could visit once the world is no longer frozen up.

How about Scotland for the annual meeting of the BPMWB (Beau-Peep-Mug-Wielding Brigade), which currently carry on the duties of the now defunct Darstardly Devilish Deep Dung Depositing Division? If you can bring your campervan with you, we could upgrade the meeting hall.

putting in on a raft?
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Max

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2020, 09:15:45 PM »
Slightly late sorry, but all the best to everyone! Now retired and also in my eighth decade I'm looking forward to learning new skills, fly fishing seems genteel enough for starters.  :-\

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2020, 10:17:53 PM »
Slightly late sorry, but all the best to everyone! Now retired and also in my eighth decade I'm looking forward to learning new skills, fly fishing seems genteel enough for starters.  :-\

How about pole vaulting?

Offline Max

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2020, 10:41:12 PM »
Scared of heights, and widths.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2020, 09:31:40 AM »
Happy New Year, Max, and happy retirement!
Should you find fly fishing a bit frustrating, I know somewhere you can get some dynamite to lob in the water.