Author Topic: Answering the Door  (Read 907 times)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Answering the Door
« on: January 06, 2020, 06:59:15 PM »
I have no idea why some people believe it's rude not to answer your own door. Okay, I do answer the door the TV Licensing goons, but only to slam it in their face. But for other people, I sometimes don't bother. After all, it's my house and I do not have to answer my front door. I don't need a reason.

So if - let's choose randomly - an elf collecting money comes to my house and rings my doorbell, I might not bother with the door. I might even walk past the window so the person can see that I am in. The person becomes annoyed or frustrated at this lapse in social etiquette: "Why didn't you open the door?" It's simple: it's for whatever reason I can be bothered to choose. Maybe I'm asleep. Maybe I'm taking a shower. Maybe I'm having a crap. Or maybe I'm blatantly and openly ignoring you as I walk past the window. Maybe on your bike. After all, it's my house. You took your shot to see if I'd answer and I didn't. Move on.

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: Answering the Door
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 04:41:38 AM »
Its rude really to knock on doors.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad