Author Topic: 2020---What Not To Worry About.  (Read 960 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
2020---What Not To Worry About.
« on: February 01, 2020, 08:40:25 PM »
BREXIT.
Well, that's been handled smoothly since the outset so I don't foresee any problems there.
WORLD LEADERS.
On both sides of the Atlantic, in the U.S and U.K., we are blessed with leaders who share many qualities---humility, dignity, compassion and an unshakeable belief in equality for all. I can't believe that some people regard them as misogynistic, racist, idiotic, scary buffoons. Trust me, we're in safe hands.
CLIMATE CHANGE.
One of the leaders mentioned above has assured us that "Climate Change" has been dreamed up by a young, scaremongering, Scandinavian girl and is a load of twaddle. This man has a reputation for always being truthful so I believe him.
WORLDWIDE SUPER-FLU VIRUSES.
Also known as "The Sniffles". Get over it.
WORLDWIDE NUCLEAR WAR.
This is so ludicrous that it's hardly worth mentioning. I mean, I've already talked about the ultra-sensible, responsible leaders of America and Britain so what's to fear? People talk about a potential threat from places like North Korea and Russia but, for goodness sake, their leaders are equally charming and democratic.
So, there you have it. Enjoy 2020. There's nothing to worry about!

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: 2020---What Not To Worry About.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 09:24:55 PM »
Problems we never knew we had and solutions given - the stuff of politics and religion since time immemorial.

I suggest planting more garden potatoes.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Re: 2020---What Not To Worry About.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 07:54:48 PM »
BREXIT
For this, I am continuing as I started, which is not giving a toss.

WORLD LEADERS
I bought popcorn and my own cinema seat.

CLIMATE CHANGE
I 'tut' more often.

WORLDWIDE SUPER-FLU VIRUSES
I have built a moat around my house and have temporarily removed extractor fans to provide sniper holes.

WORLDWIDE NUCLEAR WAR
I'm also digging down under my house.