Author Topic: Snow will soon totally blanket ...  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Snow will soon totally blanket ...
« on: February 24, 2020, 11:28:16 AM »
... some small field in Scotland which the media refer to as the UK.

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: Snow will soon totally blanket ...
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 07:00:27 PM »
We don't have a blanket of snow but maybe 4 comforters of snow topped off with a couple of quilts of snow and a weighted blanket of snow. And then triple that as we have 2 foot of snow. Hard to believe that kids will be playing soccer in only 8-9 weeks.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 07:06:26 PM by Diane CBPFC »
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 08:36:53 PM »
Here, on the east coast of Scotland, we seem to have avoided the worst of the weather. I've not been wearing my leopard-skin bikini but we've escaped the horrendous flooding that has devastated other parts of the country. In fact, I haven't missed one of my Wednesday golf games for ages and, according to the forecast, that will continue this week.
Diane, how are the moose/mooses/meece doing? Do they approach more in bad weather or disappear?

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 11:03:24 PM »
We had 4 here this year and they stayed around about two weeks - I will attach a couple of photos
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 12:39:18 AM »
It's as though she lives in Lapland or something. I just wish I had some mountain goats in my back garden to compete.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2020, 01:47:08 AM »
I did get a few pics of mountain goats last fall near Jasper in the national park.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2020, 07:11:11 PM »
I have a dinosaur in my shed.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2020, 08:26:13 PM »
I've been camping in the badlands. Alberta was once under water and so has a lot of old bones laying around just waiting to be discovered.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2020, 09:39:44 PM »
I'm buying you this for Christmas:

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2020, 10:22:45 PM »
I will look into getting you a signed edition.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2020, 10:35:43 PM »
Note to Roger: He started it!

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2020, 08:58:33 AM »
As always!